The best portable headphones for metal under $250?
Jul 22, 2014 at 2:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ixampano

New Head-Fier
Hi, guys.

So, I currently own just a pair of Ath-M50x and some Harman/Kardo CL. I mainly listen music when I'm on My way to The job (1 hour per day). Honestly, I've been quite happy with The CLs, for what they're worth, but after getting My M50x... Yeah, The CLs just doesn't cut It anymore, especially their heavy-electro-sound signature. So, I'll be buying a new pair me cans The next week.
I had in mind The amperiors, HD-25 II or The Momentuns on-ear. I, quite frankly, don't considere something like M50s or K550s, portables, whatsoever. I have to store My headphones in a pretty small backpack while I'm at The job. I'd say that The momentuns (full size) are "portable", but I'm not sure, that their sound signature will be great for metal... Btw, if The title wasn't clear enough, I MOSTLY LISTEN TO METAL, ESPECIALLY 80'S THRASH METAL.
So... What's your opinion, guys? What suggestion would you make?

Jul 22, 2014 at 5:24 AM Post #2 of 5
Hi there,

I also listen metal music 45 minutes a day, I tried the momentums on ear, but too smooth for me, it has a lack of punch especially for metal music.

About the Sennheiser Amperior (I use this one), it is an easy to drive headphones, low impedance, I like it, verry punchy, maybe too much, and it's very "frontal", you'll not ear much soundstage, it's a big cons if you like soundstage. The HD25 is quite similar except the aluminium cup, I would prefer the amperior in this case.

You might find the amperior below 200$, at this price it's definitely an attractive headphone.

Jul 22, 2014 at 6:49 AM Post #3 of 5
I have the UE 6000 and enjoy listening to metal music with them. I use them in passive mode when I want some bass boost I turn on the ANC. For me they sound awesome in passive mode.

They fold into a small package perfect for travel.

Here they are

Im also sharing you a link to get them cheaper. They normally $200. I got mine for $75 brand new.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-982-000079-6000-Headphones-Discontinued/dp/B0094S36RI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back