The Best Portable Amp For Bass Is... (The Extreme Basshead Club)
May 6, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #17 of 31
Just received the HA-2.

So far (with the bass boost on), it's not getting along well if the ASG2.5.

May 6, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #19 of 31
With the bass boost enabled, the mid-bass really bloats into the mids.

But without the bass boost, it's pretty good with the 2.5. I just don't have any other amp except the pico to compare to.

May 10, 2016 at 10:05 AM Post #21 of 31
Small update, the HA-2 with the XBA-A3 and XB90EX works quite well even with the bass boost on.

Not sure what's going on with the 2.5.

Oct 19, 2016 at 9:32 PM Post #24 of 31
You should be happy with it. I believe that there are upgrades, but they are marginal. Invest in better iems/phones, better off. I'm sure people will disagree...BUT I'M RIGHT!! :wink:

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #25 of 31
I guess we'll need a desktop version of this thread at some point too.

Anyway...

Fiio E12 was the original rec.

Then Cayin C5.

Then things get muddy.

Best for most IEMs is Headstage Arrow 5TX Enhanced Bass Boost.

Best for full size or powerhouse IEMs depends.

Just need a powerful amp with epic bass boost? Vorzuge VorzAMP Duo.

Need a DAC too? iFi iDSD Micro. Less bass boost but good DAC, good amp, good power. Need something smaller? Don't get iDSD Nano. Sucks.

HI there i just discovered VorzAMP Duo from Vorzüge !!?!! i read your review but there are few and far between. And i know im pretty late to the scene here but how come this amp if its os good hasnt seen the light of day amongst many more users ? And apparently they have a crazy 15db bass boost that is a bassheads dream ! .. The price though is quite steep but they are having Black Friday offer for 442 usd.

My questions to you or anyone out there is it really worth it? I have the JDS Labs C5 and am considering an upgrade. Not sure if the Cayin C5 considerd an upgrade ? But is the VorzAMP Duo wroth 442 USD ?

How do you feel about this amp now compared to all the other newer ones on the market now ? Does it still hold weight now ? In terms of bass boost and soundstage ?

Dec 22, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #29 of 31
 but it responds so well to eq and bass boosting in eq

Could you tell me how the Chord Mojo can be manipulated with Eq-ing and bass boosting? Do you simply make changes EQ changes on your phone/PC - or does the Mojo bypass that? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I'm still trying to get my head around the way DACs work. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back