The Best over-ear headphones available costing around $50
Jan 8, 2014 at 12:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

vocalguy

New Head-Fier
Hey Audiophiles ! 

I really need some help with finding some of the best Over-ear headphones available in a $50 price range , or maybe even $55 . The main kind of music I listen to is hip - hop ( Jpop And kpop ) and occasionally , dubstep . Also , something optimized for apple devices ( Ipod classic 160 GB ) would be preferred since I mainly listen to music on my ipod classic . My idea of the headphones I'm searching for is something that has good , clear audio reproduction ( VOCALS ) without compromising on bass . I've been checking out some headphones from Sennheiser ( Sennheiser HD 4x9 series) . I'm open to anything within the price range I quoted . Gotta buy it in about 2 days .

Please reply quick .

P.S. I know the 4x9 series is more than my price range , but I just checked it out :)

Thanks an' much appreciated !
vocalguy

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 14
The Sennheiser HD439 are the best rated on goldenears.net and cost $60 used on amazon, but if you want open-back cans (better for treble at the cost of bass), I heard the superlux HD 681 (or 688B) were really good bang-for-the-buck.

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:10 PM Post #3 of 14
Jan 8, 2014 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 14
Thanks for the reply . The sennheiser HD 4x9 headphones are a bit too much for my budget . My budget's about $50 . How about companies like Audio technica or Sony ? Audio Technica headphones are really good but I guess they're too much for my budget ... anyways , any other recommendations ? Im a bit new to the headphone scene . 

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #8 of 14
Hi,

You should consider Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80)

Best Luck!

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:41 PM Post #9 of 14
I guess I'll drop the headphone idea for now ... guys , mind giving me some recommendations for earbuds ( calibrated for apple preferably ) ?? I've been seeing audio technica  so any recommendations from those ? ( <$55 ) And please , dont recommend wireless ones because i mainly listen to music on my ipod . The audio preferance is the same ... vocals ( clear mids and highs ) without a complete sacrifice of bass . 

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #12 of 14
I had Skullcandy Titans , but those had a warm signature mainly , and really lacked those artistic highs and mids .... the bass was amazing though . especially when plugged into my ipod . I lost those so I'm looking to buy something else , but I feel that those are really overpriced for the quality that they offer .. what do you guys think ?
Anyways , I guess ill wait to buy some awesome over-ear headphones like the Audio Technica ATH-M50s . Earbuds are gonna have to do for now ... So if I cant find any good earbuds before then , skullcandy Titans its gonna have to be . Keep the recommendations coming guys 

Thanks !

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #13 of 14
Read reviews by joker and ClieOS, they've both reviewed hundreds. I'm sure you'll be able to find something for you in your budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back