The best of the style
Aug 9, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #2 of 14
Quote:
Please select the best headphone (more GOOD [non-muddy] bass is better).
Prices are as follows (amazon):
SL300: $108
Street (SMS): $99
Tracks HD: $90

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Weren't you the same guy who started the thread with the Tracks, the Zoros, and the Wangs? I hate to break it to you, but all of these choices are far from good. The SMS Street looks like a piece of s**t, and it has mddy bass. Why did you even add this to your list in the first place?
   The SL300...I don't know for sure. I recall it sounding better than the SMS, but not all that better.
   The Tracks HD is muffled. Build quality though, is exceptional.

Please, don't you have any better choices? I don't mean to be rude, but these celebriphones aren't even close to good. Yeah, yeah, I know I own a pair of Beats, but they're just collecting dust in a corner. If you want an awesome celebrity-endorsed headphone, get any one of these. These will blow your mind:

1. AKG K267 Tiesto ($349): Adjustable bass makes for a lot of fun. Design isn't that good, but cool nonetheless.
  2. Skullcandy Mix Master ($299): Just awesome. I don't know how to describe it. It's the best Skullcandy headphone I've listened to. It's also the best celebriphone out there IMHO.
  3. AKG Q701 ($300 street price): Takes a long burn-in time, but patience is a virtue. Unmistakably great monitoring headphones.

Yeah, yeah, I know you'll complain with something like "Pick something out of the list. Don't add anything else." But really, your choices are seriously going off the rails here. Meh, I think my $10 SHE3590s are able to beat all of your picks in a heartbeat. Do you have any better choices other than these?

Aug 9, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 14
Sol Tracks are muddy, the on ear 50 SMS or Soul's (dont remember which rapper it was) were said to be pretty good.

I'd say get Klipsch Image ONE's or V-Moda M80/M100's and an amp with a bass boost, or maybe the Sony XB line but I don't really like them.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:07 AM Post #7 of 14
   Hey guys, dug up a bit more research and I've seen OP's post history. Seems like he's been looking for all kinds of celebriphones. I don't know if he'll be able to buy a pair and be done with it. Seems almost like spam.

Oh yes, Soul headphones were endorsed by Ludacris, an undeniably ludicrous rapper. Still, his headphones are pretty good to be honest. 50 Cent's headphones aren't worth 50 cents, much less a hundred bucks. Plus, they look hideous on a guy's head.

Aug 9, 2013 at 8:14 AM Post #8 of 14
Hello!

I have tested the SL300 once, the sound is not what I expected for it's price and the build quality was...far more worst than headphones like Beats Studio, PSB M4U1 in it's price range. In addition, the sound is a bit laid back, everything were put very behind and only the bass that is brought forward. The bass are muddy as well :xf_eek:

If you are looking for better looking headphone with non muddy bass, look into HD439, UE4000 that seems to be in your price range as I am guessing your budget is about $100?

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 14
Would you guys recommend the m-100, they have a lot good hype and look awesome
-sorry for asking about the celebrity headphones, I was just hoping one of them would sound good, because my headphones will spend a lot of time on a mobile device outside the house.
Thanks for all the answers

Aug 9, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #10 of 14
-sorry for asking about the celebrity headphones, I was just hoping one of them would sound good, because my headphones will spend a lot of time on a mobile device outside the house.

If that is the case, not sure about the M100 but the Sennheiser Momentum is awesome for your use

Billson :)

Aug 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

The M-100 has been raved about, and I think I know why. V-curved sound signature with powerful, punchy bass and great clarity all around. No wonder people love it - it really is good.

As for the Momentum...it's also a V-curve, though I haven't auditioned them long enough to give me a defined impression.

Aug 10, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Yes, infact I did lol, the problem with the celebrity headphones is they are all looks and advertising if you want $20 sonyheaphones with BASS and a fancy necklass to wear they are great but that is about it and the 50cent and ludacris cans are just to cash in on the Beat's market.
Quote:
If that is the case, not sure about the M100 but the Sennheiser Momentum is awesome for your use

Billson
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:
The M-100 has been raved about, and I think I know why. V-curved sound signature with powerful, punchy bass and great clarity all around. No wonder people love it - it really is good.

As for the Momentum...it's also a V-curve, though I haven't auditioned them long enough to give me a defined impression.

I think the extra bass on the M100's will suit him better

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM Post #14 of 14
+1 to the V-Moda M100's. Since appearances are important, these would be a good choice. Great build quality, made by a company that cares. Crazy durable, nice customization options. They also sound pretty good, Have extra bass, and are within your price range. Just get those.

They also have a "celebrity" version- True Blood, which is sooooo much cooler and "grown up" than Ludacris, if you insist on that, IMHO. But unlike the others, they aren't a rip off. 

AT M'50's or equivalent Shure's might sound even better still, but they don't stand out aesthetically wise. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back