the best lod for ipod
Jun 7, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #16 of 20
the only significant difference that a LOD can produce is crystal cable.

I tried pure copper, pure silver cable, hybrid, ultimate link affinity, reference. except axiom nanotube.

Jun 7, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #18 of 20
I did some A/Bing of the ALO cable at Canjam from straight out the headphone jack vs out the LOD. The difference is certainly there and I thought it sounded very good.

Then I found it the price of the cable
ph34r.gif

I need one for my car, and thought what the hey, and have one on the way from Apuresound. I figure I'm going to be using the damned Ipod and my car for a long time, so hopefully the value for money will pad out over time
biggrin.gif

Jun 8, 2009 at 4:55 AM Post #19 of 20
I bought the SIK because I always keep a Speck Tough Case on my ipod and thus, could charge and listen at the same time.

Unfortunately, I only got about 3 months of life out of my sik cable. The audio out developed an intermittent connection inside the dock connector.

Frustrating to have to lay the ipod down just right to get both channels of audio.

I never used it for any critical listenig, so I can't comment on the quality or lack there of.

But because of its short lifespan and what i consider a high price, i'm regretful that i bought it.

Jun 8, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #20 of 20
I have tried several ipod docks over the years and the ALO docks do sound good, if they are worth the price of admission is up to you.
But even the cheapest Bling Bling dock sounds good.

Uncle Erik has a point regarding buying smart, but I love having a very good sounding portable with me since I travel quite a bit for work. So for me it is worth trying to assemble a good sounding portable rig. Unfortunately I can't take my turntable with me everywhere I go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back