The BEST IN-EAR headphones for 50$
Oct 28, 2011 at 7:34 PM Post #31 of 39
Based on everything I've read about the SP51's and my experience with their entry level budget basshead M9....yes.  I have read good things about the Trident too.  But the SP51 is cheaper, I know the build quality on the M9 is superb so I expect same quality of the SP51, and MEElectronics customer service is fantastic so it was an easy decision for me.  The price on the SP51 is excellent right now....after this weekend the next cheapest place I've found is Amazon and they normally run around $45 there.  In any case, I don't think you'll be disappointed with either of them though.

Oct 29, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #33 of 39

Quote:
The UE MetroFi 220 is very bassy, so is the Xears TD III V2 Blackwood (you can get it for roughly $45 with this coupon:  KLANGFUZZIS)

Waiit, this code gives more than 50% discount? So instead of 106 they are 45$? Thinking of buying it... but there aren't any reviews..
Hope it doesn't have any sound connection with CX300's, I've tried five of them and they were all nightmare to listen
confused_face.gif

Oct 29, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #34 of 39

Quote:
Waiit, this code gives more than 50% discount? So instead of 106 they are 45$? Thinking of buying it... but there aren't any reviews..
Hope it doesn't have any sound connection with CX300's, I've tried five of them and they were all nightmare to listen
confused_face.gif

Yes the code will make everything on the Xears website 30€. There are a couple reviews out there regarding the Xears, including jokers IEM review thread here. You can also find some more information from the on-going Xears appreciation thread.

Oct 29, 2011 at 12:16 PM Post #38 of 39
I'll tell you one thing, the competition for IEMs under $100 is incredibly tough. No IEM is going to be better than the other since almost all of them do many things well. My advice is to pick 2 IEMs that would total $50 and figure out what you like about both, then eventually find a more expensive IEM that expands upon them. 

Honestly there's no difference between a $100 IEM these days and a $50 IEM, other than price.

Oct 29, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #39 of 39

Quote:
I'll tell you one thing, the competition for IEMs under $100 is incredibly tough. No IEM is going to be better than the other since almost all of them do many things well. My advice is to pick 2 IEMs that would total $50 and figure out what you like about both, then eventually find a more expensive IEM that expands upon them. 

Honestly there's no difference between a $100 IEM these days and a $50 IEM, other than price.

Really good advice.  I'd say you can expect a little more refinement but nothing night and day.  There are a lot of really good $50 or less phones out there now and competition is solid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back