The Best IEM for Sony NWZ-X1060($300 Max Canadian)
Jul 12, 2009 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

joplin

New Head-Fier
Hi

I'm planning on buying the Sony X1060 and want to get a good IEM for this unit. I'm into Classic Rock and 80s music mainly but like a lot of other music as well.
I want to have clean bass(NO BOOM)Clear Hi's and warm Mid range(Clarity).
These phones need to be efficent so it takes a low volume to produce a lot of sound. I have no intention of buying a mini amp.
No noise from cable or background hiss.
A good fit in that I have average size ears.
I want to hear the details of my music and whether its for many hours or a few hours the Iem's are going to be comfortable.
My normal settings are that the Bass is adjusted 1/2 way and treble is about 3/4's.

There are so many choices, some of my considerations are Ultimate ears Super Fi5/Denon AH-C551/Sleek Audio SA6/Sony EX line/Shure/Etmotic Research.
The MAX I want to spend is $300 Canadian/$250 American.
I hope that you can understand where I'm coming from.
Open to you opinions and why.

Look forward to your responses.

Greg Joplin

Jul 12, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 7
Have you heard of the PHONAK PFEs? fits your needs perfectly.

Jul 12, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #4 of 7
For some it might be too warm, but I absolutely love my combination of the X and the IE8s (sony hybrid tips).
Friendly warm natural sound, amooth, but absolutely no loss of dynamics or detail, I can listen to it for hours.

But again, I can understand the need to combine the X with a brighter phone for synergy, like the JVC500 (there are respected people here that say that combination is the best) or a BA phone like f.i. the PFE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back