The best headphones for street use
Jan 10, 2009 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Specialzed

Head-Fier
Im buying new cans, need the best closed ear design for street use. Looking for huge bass and both great low's and high's. I listen to drum and bass house and rap. Some electronica. What are the best closed ear headphones that are 300 or under?

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 7
if youre looking to spend a little less than 300 (more like 20) then a pair of JVC marshmallows would do the trick.
i use them all the time because i know that they're not too expensive, but the sound quality on these things is great.
(that and "street use" sounds like you might be getting a little rough with them. i personally wouldnt take a 300 dollar set of headphones outside of my house)

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 7
Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9. I'm looking at these for portable use, and are one of the most beautiful looking HPs in production. Hokkaido Cherry Wood Cups w/Lambskin Cushions & Headband. FWIR they have the sound to backup those great looks as well. Excellent Bass Response w/Gorgeous Mids & Highs. They are an Limited Edition Import from Japan, and go for $299@Audio Cubes. Ordering a pair soon (see sig), good luck and enjoy your new HPs.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:17 AM Post #4 of 7
For a lot less than your budget limit, you could try AKG k518DJ. They're great IMO for the genres you listen to, they have big bass, isolate very well and they are well built. And they look cool too.

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurtzi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AKG k518DJ.

Yes +1

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #6 of 7
I also think that K 518 DJ's are good for electonica. They also have an awesome isolation for the money.
It's a cheaper choice, but if you want more "delighted" sound, go for ESW9.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back