The best fried beef
May 4, 2016 at 10:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Spareribs

Headphoneus Supremus
I was in Kyoto, Japan a few weeks ago and I stopped at this restaurant and ordered the fried beef.

Wow!. It was super crispy on the outside and a nice red color on the inside! Loved it. It also came with several dipping sauces too. My favorite was the amazing deep flavored curry sauce.

I've had country fried steak before which is common in many diners out west like in Texas and Arizona but this was a very different fried beef. It was amazing!

May 9, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 13
Yes. I posted some of the other meats I tried in this other thread.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/806991/that-steak-was-so-tender-and-good

For the other food items, I ate a bunch of the noodle dishes, sukiyaki, shabu shabu, sushi,  yakiniku, yakitori, various seafood, kushikatsu, curry, takoyaki, Okonomiyaki, oden, onigiri, mochi, the McDonald's shrimp sandwich, etc....

May 9, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #6 of 13
Wow, amazing. You even tried Kobe beef. My Japanese told me that he is not sure if i like Kobe beef or not. Some people don't like because as you said it melts in your melts unlike the other chewing meats.

May 9, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #7 of 13
While Kobe beef is a great treat, it's not the only outstanding beef. I don't know the names of the other beef types but at any good quality yakiniku restaurant, there will be other amazing beefs too. Even at the super markets, I saw some really impressive well marbled beef that looked outstanding.

May 9, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #8 of 13
It looks like you are a big fan of beef , doesn't it 
bigsmile_face.gif
. And i feel that you like Japan so much. Have you ever tried to learn Japanese, i can see that you know a lot of Japanese dishes's name.

May 9, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #9 of 13
Well, my knowledge of Japan is actually pretty bad. I'm more of a food fan. 

However, just for fun I did teach myself the basic Hiragana and Katakana alphabet only with free apps on my phone. It took about 2 months I think. I also memorized some of the survival phrases which helps a bit. 

I also did some research on the characteristics of the types of restaurants and food places so I'll get a basic idea of what to expect. And I also memorized the food names too in advance.

At one place in an old neighborhood in Osaka, there was no English menu and I can't understand a Japanese menu so I just told the girl to give me whatever she thinks is good and she served me some excellent fried chicken and egg omelet. That was fun actually to take these weird chances.

May 10, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #10 of 13
Yeah, the Japanese characters are totally different from English, and they use 3 type of characters so it is really tough. 

Your weird experiences in Japan are so interesting lol. By the way, have you ever tried Vietnamese cuisine? 

May 10, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #11 of 13
Yes but only in America since we have many Vietnamese communities. Of course pho is popular and I enjoy it and I really like the bahn mi sandwhiches too. I think it would be great to visit Vietnam someday because I really like their style of food.

May 10, 2016 at 9:49 AM Post #12 of 13
I'm really happy to hear that. :D .I was impressed because you know the word " banh mi " . I think one of the most important thing making Vietnamese food special is the variety of sauces. Like fish sauce ( nuoc mam) or soy bean sauce.. I hope to see you in Vietnam someday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back