The best! (For £250-£300)
Nov 22, 2011 at 4:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

leothurpv

New Head-Fier
My first post here woo! :p

So I've owned IE8s for 2 years now and they've now fallen apart -.- literally!

Time for a replacement o.o

My eclectic musical tastes vary vastly, I'm looking for headphones with the LARGEST SOUNDSTAGE, extended in all directions.  They HAVE to sound natural, and I want ever detail to be clear and precise :)

Any suggestions?

IE8s - Mid bass hump that can be corrected with silver cable upgrade and custom tips
Sure 350s- weak for bass and highs?
Monster Turbine Copper Pros - not very deep bass, lacking warmth?

Thanks in advance everyone xD

Nov 22, 2011 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 5

Quote:
My first post here woo! :p

So I've owned IE8s for 2 years now and they've now fallen apart -.- literally!

Time for a replacement o.o

My eclectic musical tastes vary vastly, I'm looking for headphones with the LARGEST SOUNDSTAGE, extended in all directions.  They HAVE to sound natural, and I want ever detail to be clear and precise :)

Any suggestions?

IE8s - Mid bass hump that can be corrected with silver cable upgrade and custom tips
Sure 350s- weak for bass and highs?
Monster Turbine Copper Pros - not very deep bass, lacking warmth?

Thanks in advance everyone xD

The Pro Coppers have pretty deep bass and lean slightly towards warmth, but overall they're fairly balanced. Though they aren't the best for detail and soundstage

Wait for the IE80s perhaps?

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
LARGEST SOUNDSTAGE

thats still the IE8

Ditto. For a similarly open and airy presentation, I'd recommend looking into the many vented dynamics, such as GR07, EX600, FX700, TWf21 (aka DDM2), ClarityOne, etc.

Nov 22, 2011 at 5:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Largest soundstage I have heard: IE8 with Beat Audio Supreme Pro Cable
TF10s' soundstage are as wide as it gets on BAs and are extremely good for electronic music

530s had like no soundstage to my ears, everything sounded congested but had beautiful mids. 

The turbines are definitely not lacking warmth and well north of neutral tonal speaking

Users who are viewing this thread

Back