THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Dec 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #1,366 of 5,014
Quote:
 Live at Blues Alley is tremendous. 

Agreed!  
beerchug.gif

Dec 25, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #1,368 of 5,014
Quote:
to be honest i don't follow this thread until recently, and i don't think this thread deserves to be where Vanessa Carlton and Laura Marling music are shared. That is what I think, i don't think a popular place is where good music to be shared. But if you are to assume that it is the people that like certain music, not music that draws to people, then you are wrong. These music are made by special people, where as yes, music of a certain style does draws to certain people, and then somepoeple will never like it.

but just in case anyone likjes whatw i like, i have to say Vanessa cArlton
's heroes and thieve is hands down my favorite album of ALL UNIVERSE. and MY MANIC AND I is favorite song of all existence.

Dec 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #1,371 of 5,014
Quote:
This is Spectacular!  Good old Mahogany Sessions!

Delilah & Liam Bailey - Breathe // Live at Union Chapel

She's a capable singer, but I dislike her overly-stylized attempts to forcibly 'demonstrate' vocal dexterity. It just sounds extremely contrived. I consider it a 'disease' of modern Rn'B singers. Such a waste of underlying talent :frowning2:

Thanks for the heads-up, though. This time it was a 'miss' for me, but there are plenty of other suggestions of yours in this thread which I do really like. It's all good; each to their own, etc.
smile.gif

Dec 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #1,373 of 5,014
I'm not necessarily a Heart fan but I do enjoy some of their stuff. If you're of my generation, this will harken back to days gone by and put a huge smile on your face. Note the dignitaries in the audience including Robert Plant nearly brought to tears of joy, Jimmie Page lovin' what he heard, The Prez & First Lady, Yo-Yo Ma groovin', and more...

Check it out

Dec 30, 2012 at 6:03 PM Post #1,374 of 5,014
Quote:
I'm not necessarily a Heart fan but I do enjoy some of their stuff. If you're of my generation, this will harken back to days gone by and put a huge smile on your face. Note the dignitaries in the audience including Robert Plant nearly brought to tears of joy, Jimmie Page lovin' what he heard, The Prez & First Lady, Yo-Yo Ma groovin', and more...

Check it out

I have to say, those Kennedy tribute concerts make me cringe - not on account of the performers, but on account of the 'hero worship' aspect of them (much like the 'Musicares' concerts).

However, it's a good performance by Heart, and on the subject of them, let's not forget that they've also performed with a favourite of this thread, by the name of Alison Krauss
bigsmile_face.gif
  (and,of course, Alison has performed with Robert Plant, though I've disliked that particular collaboration ever since I bought the 'Raising Sand' album. It's actually the only Krauss album I won't listen to. Oh well...):

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #1,375 of 5,014
Quote:
i know, i am not trying to make it that way... i just want to be chilled and laid back yet make a point, but not to force it even if it does not.

and i just checked what i said, i made 100% sense to those that are meant to read it and understand it

I found the point you made to be clear at-first-glance. However, conveniently sharing your beloved Vanessa in the very place you feel isn't deserving of, took away whatever you gained in making that point. Credibility, perhaps?
popcorn.gif

But, this is my view...and I welcome the conversation.

Jan 2, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #1,376 of 5,014
Jan 11, 2013 at 6:38 PM Post #1,377 of 5,014
I went to go see Kaki King play, and she had Lady Lamb the Bee Keeper opening for her, someone that I had never heard before.  I was jaw-dropped shocked that she was able to silence a room of chatting half drunk people by opening with acapella.  I had never seen an opening act do that, and from someone relatively new and unknown, I have to say that i'm now a fan, and I'm going to her next show as well.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #1,378 of 5,014
Jem:

Shakira:

eek.gif

...a few others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back