THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Oct 7, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,231 of 5,010
Quote:
If you go look on the Allison Krauss CD...Aoife actually wrote that song!  She had recorded it as a demo and AK/US picked it up for the record.  She has a solo EP (Peachstone) out that I am dying to find somewhere but apparently it is only being sold at shows.

Ahh, I hadn't noticed that! LOL   Thanks for the heads-up!

...and if you find that EP of Aoife's somewhere, please let me know - I'd be interested in buying one myself

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #1,232 of 5,010
I got to hear Adele's Live Blu Ray for the first time tonight, and ive got to say, the quality on this blows the CD 21 away. Theres so much more dynamic range here...i cant vouch for the cd of the concert though, i havent heard that, my guess would be they crushed it to.

But Set Fire to the Rain is giving me goose bumps right now, through my new Anedio D2

Oct 8, 2012 at 4:45 AM Post #1,233 of 5,010
Every year or so, I'll put Eileen Rose's name up again.

I heard her doing backing vocals on the epic "Wade Into the Water" by Alabama 5 (A3 to anyone left of the Atlantic - or them off the Sopranos Theme Tune for everyone else and went and got as much of her own stuff as possible.

More than lived up to it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrkXt80BJ6U .

Play really loud, and wallow in that bass line. The whole track has such a great groove...

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #1,234 of 5,010
Artist:Hannah Cohen -
Album: Child Bride 
Single: Dont Say

her debut album, very very good if you like dreamy,melancholic folk- a beautiful voice with a slight sharpness that cuts through the music. I listened to this album constantly when I first got it a few months ago and it still impresses whenever i re-listen

The below video is a good one - available in 1080p

hope you enjoy !

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #1,236 of 5,010
Might not be popular to many here, but I haven't heard a voice (in popular music) like Kelly Clarkson's since the early 90's.  I'd kill to hear her record an album of oldies like this:

Or even just some R&B ballads.

Oct 10, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #1,237 of 5,010
Also, I'm not a country music fan at all but this is one of my favorite .flac's.

Alison Krauss's voice is very pleasant.

Oct 10, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #1,238 of 5,010
Quote:
Also, I'm not a country music fan at all but this is one of my favorite .flac's.

Alison Krauss's voice is very pleasant.

LOL! I wouldn't worry about anyone frowning upon Alison Krauss - do a thread search and you'll find she's quite possibly the most discussed singer herein!

...and by the way, thanks for that Kelly Clarkson video - her usual stuff isn't my cup of tea, but damn...she really sings well in the clip you posted!

The way Kelly sings in that particular clip, she reminds me of Shelby Lynne:

Oct 10, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #1,239 of 5,010
Quote:

LOL! I wouldn't worry about anyone frowning upon Alison Krauss - do a thread search and you'll find she's quite possibly the most discussed singer herein!

...and by the way, thanks for that Kelly Clarkson video - her usual stuff isn't my cup of tea, but damn...she really sings well in the clip you posted!

The way Kelly sings in that particular clip, she reminds me of Shelby Lynne:

Thanks for the link!

I'm not a fan of Kelly Clarkson's stuff either (up to now); I think she has one of the best voices going though.

Yeah, I've seen Alison Krauss is very popular here, and for good reason.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back