THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Feb 23, 2011 at 12:32 PM Post #301 of 5,010

Checked out Amy Macdonald and she sounds eerily like the gal from the Cranberries. For most of the album, I thought they were same person until I wiki'd her. She has a nice voice and style.
Quote:
Wow I missed this thread when it got moved. I have a lot of new artists to share though.

Amy Macdonald
Lisa Mitchell
Ingrid Michaelson
The Band Perry
Tamar Kaprelien

Feb 23, 2011 at 10:52 PM Post #303 of 5,010
Rindy Ross (Quarterflash) "Harden My Heart"

Tracy Bonham "Whether You Fall", "Naked"

Christine McVie (Fleetwood Mac) "You Make Lovin' Fun", "Songbird", "As Long As You Follow"

Roberta Flack "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Dolores O'Riordan (The Cranberries) "Disappointment"

Anneke van Giersbergen (Devin Townsend Project's album Addicted, mmmmmm) "Supercrush!"

Ella Fitzgerald "The Man I Love" (perhaps a poor song choice I don't know, just recently acquainted with her, simply brilliant)

Mimi Parker (the band "Low": "When You Walked Out On Me"

Please disregard the crappy quality if you decide to click the links. Also, please comment on my lack of taste or recommend something based upon my list, thank you.

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #309 of 5,010
Joanna Newsom

Some people REALLY don't like her voice, but I think it's sweet along with the harp. 
normal_smile .gif

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM Post #310 of 5,010
Quote:
Joanna Newsom

Some people REALLY don't like her voice, but I think it's sweet along with the harp. 
normal_smile .gif

I liked it, thanks. Parts of it were very sibilant/distorted on my crappy laptop speakers so I understand how some people would take unkindly to her voice. Also, the lyrics were quite refreshing. :)

Mar 2, 2011 at 4:37 AM Post #311 of 5,010
Mar 2, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #315 of 5,010
I kinda liked the song, Soup, but i prefer my female metal singers to sing, not scream so much.  I'm more of a goth-metal and prog-metal guy, as far as modern metal goes.

Big time +1 for Tarja Turunen, though!!!! 

I'm also a HUGE Joanna Newsom fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back