THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Dec 8, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #181 of 5,010
Yes, that's where I heard it before - Bleach! I had a sense it was from an anime. I stopped watching Bleach after it got repetitive, but I remember they had some really good opening/closing songs. 

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:48 AM Post #182 of 5,010

Quote:
Yes, that's where I heard it before - Bleach! I had a sense it was from an anime. I stopped watching Bleach after it got repetitive, but I remember they had some really good opening/closing songs. 

she also did the closing credits song for Darker than Black

Dec 8, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #183 of 5,010
Picked up and have been listening to Eva Cassidy's Songbird CD today. Her style is simple, but there is something deeply comforting and purifying about her voice. I feel a sense of peace listening to her. I wonder if her struggle with cancer added a spiritual layer to her music.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #184 of 5,010
I think all of Eva's released music was recorded (though not actually released) before her real struggle with cancer began.  She had a cancerous mole removed some years before her death but she didn't know the cancer had returned until a few months before she passed.

I read on YouTube that there is a new Eva album coming in early 2011.  Called "Simply Eva," it supposedly will feature just her and her guitar.  Can't wait.

Dec 9, 2010 at 5:49 PM Post #186 of 5,010
I mentioned Rie fu a number of pages back. I do like Life is Like a Boat and Tsukiakari, but my favourite songs by her are Decay (Eng or Jap version), Shine, negaigoto and Tobira.
Such a beatiful voice - she does perform in Britain occasionally but I haven't been lucky enough to see her live yet.

Dec 15, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #191 of 5,010
Whitney Houston {Godly}
Evangence  {Godly}
Hayley Williams 
Riyu Kosaka {Slowly creeping up on me}
Eva Cassidy

Will add more later, for the record Mariah....meh.

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:37 AM Post #192 of 5,010

Quote:
Mariah....meh.

I'm really hit and miss with her, but I tend to like her more than Whitney (the other diva with whom she's most frequently compared). When she's at her best though, the results can be mind-blowing. To this date I've never heard anyone perform O Holy Night better than Mariah, and I've easily heard 100 versions across all genres of music (from the great sopranos and tenors, to the classic crooners, etc.).

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #193 of 5,010
Interesting, yeah I feel a hit and miss thing as well I just don't feel her especially in the present. If you compare the two's present album Whitney manages to capture at least 60% of her old self. Mariah has gone mainstream, I did like Obsessed though, out of all songs 
rolleyes.gif

Dec 17, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #195 of 5,010
KT Tunstall in her Eye to the Telescope album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back