THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Nov 14, 2010 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,002

Trysaeder

1000+ Head-Fier
I think we all have a soft melt spot for awesome female voices. Post the ones that make you feel warm and fuzzy or just the ones you admire a lot.
Taylor Swift in her new song 'speak now'
Tarja Turunnen from nightwish. She's such a good singer, almost bottlenecked by nightwish but she managed to make it something awesome.
Hayley Williams from Paramore. I just like angry, angsty girls. That and because her live performances are so full of energy. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2010 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 5,002
Hollly Cole for jazz, Freda Epstein for Folk, Best voice I feel belongs to the legendaryBarbara Streisand for what she can do with it. But for those who do not know Fredya and the Acoust Attitude on Red house records did an album called Midnight at Caball Hall and its some of the best acoustic folk I have heard and she tragically died at age 46 in a auto accident but the music is unreal.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #11 of 5,002
I absolutely love female vocals. I don't mind male vocals depending on the song and lyrics, but there's something about the female voice that gets to me emotionally.

In no particular order, here's a list of some of my favorites off the top of my head:

1. Kate Bush
  2. Hayley Westenra
  3. Celtic Woman
  4. Norah Jones
  5. Sarah Brightman
  6. Sarah Mclachlan
  7. Jewel
  8. Celine Dion (just a fan of 3 of her albums in particular, not any of the new stuff)
  9. Madonna (probably more for her songs, than her actual voice) Changed my mind.
  10. Eva Cassidy
  11. Holly Cole

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #13 of 5,002
Rie Fu, who's just relaxing and smooth. Her voice always sounds honest, like she totally believes in what she's singing.

Hitomi Kuroishi, who's only written like 8 songs (that I've heard) but they happen to be some of my favourite songs ever. Passionate yet soft, emotional yet exciting.

Nov 14, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #14 of 5,002
Quote:
Rie Fu, who's just relaxing and smooth. Her voice always sounds honest, like she totally believes in what she's singing.

Hitomi Kuroishi, who's only written like 8 songs (that I've heard) but they happen to be some of my favourite songs ever. Passionate yet soft, emotional yet exciting.

Yo Joe, I picked up the ck10's, chiptunes are sounding awesome Lol.  Are you still using RE0?  I'm not sure how good ck10's are for female vocals.

Nov 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM Post #15 of 5,002
Quote:

Yo Joe, I picked up the ck10's, chiptunes are sounding awesome Lol.  Are you still using RE0?  I'm not sure how good ck10's are for female vocals.

Actually RE-ZERO, but w/e :p
Glad you like the CK10, still planning to upgrade there eventually but first I want to get a better fullsize rig. Who knows, maybe I'll skip CK10s completely and get some customs like the Livewires Trips instead. Anyway yeah, the ZERO isn't that great for female vocals either - my HD 595 makes them sound a lot more full and natural. Not that female vocals sound bad, just that the way the HiFiMANs present things everything sounds great but it never quite gets to the feeling that Senns can get with vocals or Grados get with guitars.

Except for chiptunes. For chiptunes they kick arse. Pity that chiptunes are basically the opposite end of the musical composition spectrum from female vocals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back