THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers)
Feb 21, 2017 at 7:11 AM Post #3,451 of 5,010
Personally a sucker for electronic music (and the boomy bass that follows), and I have always enjoyed listening to Laura Brehm, who is quite popular and does a lot of collabs with other artists...

I know I have posted this on music recommendations, but I can't help myself 
basshead.gif

Maybe her voice just complements electronic music well (cause its kinda high so its seperated/ easier to hear)? But I dunno.

Rob Gasser & Laura Brehm - Vertigo [NCS Release]

Feb 26, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #3,458 of 5,010
Mirella Freni, Elisabeth Schwarzkopf, Jessye Norman, Kiri Te Kanawa, Joan Sutherland, Birgitt Nilsson , Cceilia Bartoli, Kathlaeen Battle.   ----    I could go on, but it's getting embarrassing.here...   ---)

Feb 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #3,460 of 5,010
More bass thumpy EDM!
Something about her particular voice in this song, can't seem to get the same charm in her other works... 
I've really gone off of EDM these days, my time is firmly plugged in the late 90s, however - have to say that sounds surprisingly OK, until the happy hardcore bit in the middle at least...

Damn, I'm getting old :weary:

Feb 26, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #3,462 of 5,010
I'm really into 80's rock / heavy metal, but I'm personally a huge fan of Lee Aaron's singing. Her voice is so expressive and she has excellent vibrato. Her screams are great too; they're somewhat similar to Don Dokken's. The tone of her voice just really hits the spot for me.

Feb 27, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #3,463 of 5,010
I've really gone off of EDM these days, my time is firmly plugged in the late 90s, however - have to say that sounds surprisingly OK, until the happy hardcore bit in the middle at least...

Damn, I'm getting old :weary:

Haha, I'm still one of those 'young'uns' who enjoy a good bass kick. Personally enjoy the energetic nature of this genre - but happy hardcore depends on taste honestly...
I listen to chiptunes and stuff in that nature, so I'm used to it but other people probably dislike it :^)

How does this sound? (no vocals though)

Feb 28, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #3,465 of 5,010
(First post, been lurking here for a while)

Singer/Associated Act(s):

Beth Gibbons - Portishead
Hope Sandoval (especially her work with Massive Attack)
Florence Welch - Florence + The Machine
Regina Spektor
Romy Madley Croft - The XX
Amelia Meath - Sylvan Esso
Genevieve Artadi - Knower

Users who are viewing this thread

Back