THE best earbuds? (PK1 first impressions)
Nov 1, 2006 at 6:00 AM Post #17 of 34
Two things I know to be true:

1) That's a lot of money for earbuds
2) That's a long trip back home to be repaired.

Edit: I do hope you enjoy them, though. So they come with a custom fit kit? That's cool. Well, for the price, they probably should. How much was the shipping cost and how long did it take to get them?

When they said "sorry about your wallet" they sure meant it...[as you can see from my edited signature below"

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:46 AM Post #18 of 34
hoho.... so $139 for some earbuds eh... hope their sound really match with their steep price, it would be a real bless to people who cannot wear IEMs due to various reasons but still want something that sound good in a smaller form than normal headphones.

Nov 1, 2006 at 6:52 AM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jssmail
I can't agree with you .i china the company not a national owner it just a indiviual .you can see ,in mainland words should used simply chinese type not complex chinese type.so It's not come from mainland.

What difference does it make if it were posted in Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese? That message was just a mere warning to potential buyers about the risk associated with buying products from a company that has not built a strong image and reputation. IIRC, some Chinese manufacturers indeed do no honor their warranties, especially companies that are small. But of course I could be completely wrong so we'll have to wait and see.

Just my 2cents.

Nov 1, 2006 at 11:51 AM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
Two things I know to be true:

1) That's a lot of money for earbuds
2) That's a long trip back home to be repaired.

Edit: I do hope you enjoy them, though. So they come with a custom fit kit? That's cool. Well, for the price, they probably should. How much was the shipping cost and how long did it take to get them?

Oh wow, aren't we being positive about things we know about

1) yeah, and i guess $190 isn't a lot of money for a super.fi pro, or even $400 for a triple.fi , which might not sound any better.. seeing as UM2 has at best, same level of SQ (oh yeah kids sorry
eek.gif
). If isolation isn't important, i think these might be the best choice

2) sure.. but it comes with a year replacement warranty and hey, good thinfs don't come easy
biggrin.gif

And shipping cost: free, was supposed to take a week, it took a week and a day.. not too bad at all

Nov 1, 2006 at 3:02 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555
What difference does it make if it were posted in Traditional Chinese or Simplified Chinese? That message was just a mere warning to potential buyers about the risk associated with buying products from a company that has not built a strong image and reputation. IIRC, some Chinese manufacturers indeed do no honor their warranties, especially companies that are small. But of course I could be completely wrong so we'll have to wait and see.

Just my 2cents.

you got the point . I had communicated with some peolpe in mainland.
.you give us the warning .thank a lots.But the pk1 really excellent!

Nov 2, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #22 of 34
They are LYING. www.headphonehk.com never had a chance to be our certified dealer in HongKong area. YUIN is a professional headphone manufacturor for a long time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evisu
is CM700ti better than the CM7ti?

i found something interesting about the Yuin earbuds.
http://www.headphonehk.com/other.htm

it states that "PK1,PK2 ,PK3 是國內個體戶的DIY產品,而且未經註冊營業許可證.顧客購買時須了解售後服務存在風險"

"Pk1 Pk2 Pk3 are homemade by an individual in mainland china, products do not have registration certificates, when purchasing these, customers need to realized that there is a risk in after service." (meaning there may be no warranty in them i think)

i contacted the headphone shop and another dap shop. both shop recommended to me that in order to get them to sound nice, amp is needed.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Nov 2, 2006 at 3:03 AM Post #24 of 34
I AM A WISE MAN!
biggrin.gif

As I mentioned in another thread I got a PK1 directly from China last month and I've been burning it in for a few weeks. Too busy to write a review now but I'm telling you this much: my Ety 4p has been sleeping in the box for more than a week,
evil_smiley.gif
. I'm not saying it is better than the ety, but it's definitely a more exciting phone. Besides it's much easier to wear for extended listening sessions.
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #26 of 34
They need some amp to sound good like HD580.
Also should be a bit dark and large in stage.
I have PK2, fantastic phones without an amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalcat
I AM A WISE MAN!
biggrin.gif

As I mentioned in another thread I got a PK1 directly from China last month and I've been burning it in for a few weeks. Too busy to write a review now but I'm telling you this much: my Ety 4p has been sleeping in the box for more than a week,
evil_smiley.gif
. I'm not saying it is better than the ety, but it's definitely a more exciting phone. Besides it's much easier to wear for extended listening sessions.
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Oh wow, aren't we being positive about things we know about

1) yeah, and i guess $190 isn't a lot of money for a super.fi pro, or even $400 for a triple.fi , which might not sound any better.. seeing as UM2 has at best, same level of SQ (oh yeah kids sorry
eek.gif
). If isolation isn't important, i think these might be the best choice

2) sure.. but it comes with a year replacement warranty and hey, good thinfs don't come easy
biggrin.gif

And shipping cost: free, was supposed to take a week, it took a week and a day.. not too bad at all

Well, at least the second half of your answered was written kindly. You can't just ever let up can you... Just let things go already, man. I asked you a question in the forum, and if you didn't want to answer it, than don't. I play guitar as well, so I also like to know about stuff that may sound good for my guitar.
And just because you feel that way about UM2, doesn't mean everyone does.
I'm just wondering if you have lots of IEMs, why spend money on more if you went into the decision knowing it would be a downgrade....[you got lucky since it wasn't, but your intention was in fact earbuds].
Sometimes don't people on here feel as if they don't spend time enjoying and listening to their music anymore, and just spend too much time overanalyzing every last finite detail of it and picking it apart into 1000000 pieces, which in the end, aren't relevant at all to how the music makes YOU personally feel.

Nov 2, 2006 at 6:39 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ
I play guitar as well, so I also like to know about stuff that may sound good for my guitar.

Cool..

Quote:

And just because you feel that way about UM2, doesn't mean everyone does.

I was saying that these could be better sounding than the UM2 (which, in most people's view are better or at least at the same level as super.fi 5pro)

Quote:

I'm just wondering if you have lots of IEMs, why spend money on more if you went into the decision knowing it would be a downgrade....[you got lucky since it wasn't, but your intention was in fact earbuds].

I have 1 pair of IEMs and i'm intending to sell this as soon as i get the ES2.. and the second part of that sentence doesn't even make sense. As i said before, some people want isolation while being outside, eg. me (duh)

Quote:

Sometimes don't people on here feel as if they don't spend time enjoying and listening to their music anymore, and just spend too much time overanalyzing every last finite detail of it and picking it apart into 1000000 pieces, which in the end, aren't relevant at all to how the music makes YOU personally feel.

Umm then stop going to head-fi if you think people here are like that, ditch your expensive IEMs
What, do you think that the millions that uses the ibuds don't enjoy music?
Seriously, most people here are far from audiophiles (the bad kind)

I buy new cans if i think it'll be a significant improvement every six months (or it was a great deal, eg DT990) or so then sell my old ones every time, all for the enjoyment of music.
What do you think i do with my cans when i'm not comparing them to get rid of the other one? Hang them upside down on my head and act like a monkey?

I don't really care if you've heard these, but criticizing things you've never heard or know anything about? Really?

Nov 2, 2006 at 6:48 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
Cool..

I was saying that these could be better sounding than the UM2 (which, in most people's view are better or at least at the same level as super.fi 5pro)

I have 1 pair of IEMs and i'm intending to sell this as soon as i get the ES2.. and the second part of that sentence doesn't even make sense. As i said before, some people want isolation while being outside, eg. me (duh)

Umm then stop going to head-fi if you think people here are like that, ditch your expensive IEMs
What, do you think that the millions that uses the ibuds don't enjoy music?
Seriously, most people here are far from audiophiles (the bad kind)

I buy new cans once every 6 months if i need it (or it was a great deal, eg DT990) or so then sell my old ones every time, all for the enjoyment of music.
What do you think i do with my cans when i'm not comparing them to get rid of the other one? Hang them upside down on my head and act like a monkey?

I don't really care if you've heard these, but criticizing things you've never heard or know anything about? Really?

I wasn't criticizing the phones you bought... just how hard it would be since the company is far away and would be hard to deal with returns but as you said it arrived pretty quickly so that's good.
I don't think all people here do that, so don't generalize. I said sometimes it seems in certain threads that people purchase just to puchase. And when that takes up more of your time than listening to the music that you love, then it can become an issue. It's a completely valid point. I want my rig to sound as good as I can when I start out, but once I get the triple.fi and an amp, I'm done for a long time. I will thoroughly enjoy my entire music library over and over many times before even considering another purchase. User meets help solve a lot of those financial strains, too. I wonder when the next one will be around here.

Edit: This site is very informative as far as all headphone related audio equipment goes, and has lead me to the actual manufacturers of the amps, and after receiving actual stats such as THD, STN, freq. response db A weighted, etc. [and of course following reviews] I arrived at my conclusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back