The Best Dynamic Driver headphone ever made?[YOUR OPINIONS]
Mar 28, 2012 at 6:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
The title says it all.  What do you guys think the best over all in ear DD earphone.  So far, my list is the following(This is not a ranking, but simply a list)
1. Sennheiser ie8/80
2. vsonic Gr07
3. Future Sonic Atrio M5/MG7 Driver
4. shure se215 

Please tell me your favorite dynamic and why!

Mar 28, 2012 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 15
I like the Sony MDR EX1000 - nice genre bandwidth, beautiful texture (particularly low end), wide and deep soundstage, can be used with lower end sources, layering and great details. Also like the removable cable (although it annoys me a bit, because it has a little memory).

I haven't tried the others on the list though.

MED SCHOOL!

Mar 29, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #3 of 15
I like the Sony MDR EX1000 - nice genre bandwidth, beautiful texture (particularly low end), wide and deep soundstage, can be used with lower end sources, layering and great details. Also like the removable cable (although it annoys me a bit, because it has a little memory).

I haven't tried the others on the list though.

MED SCHOOL!

Yeah actually the Vsonic gr07 has the patented Sony Bio-cellulose driver! Which is rather interesting! Haha are you a doctor I'm guessing? I love everything medical. But I'm so close to getting my 30 on the act. Which is what is required for the automatic acceptance into SLU's medical school in the future!

Mar 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
Yeah actually the Vsonic gr07 has the patented Sony vsonic Gr07 Bio-cellulose driver!

Just to clarify, the Vsonic gr07 has an 11 mm driver and the Sony EX-1000 a 16 mm driver, so they are not exactly the same, though both are apparently Bio-cellulose.

Of the three I have heard I favor the EX-1000 over the Sennheiser and Shure.

Kevin

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #6 of 15

Quote:
Quite sure the MG6pro should be in there.

I would totally agree. Its slightly expensive although! I notice Aurisonics made a universal fit custom looking earphone called the ASG-1 15mm dynamic driver... it looks rather interesting as well...

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 15
That is what I heard! Im sure it will be excluded to custom molds only.  I really feel like a few armatures and a dynamic driver for bass like the UM merlins use is awesome! I also think a woofer and a tweeter of strictly dynamic speakers is awesome to! Such a full sound I bet...

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #10 of 15
I would get customs... But being so young, my ears are still changing to say the least. customs would just be remolded again and again and again for me.

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 15
Well, how young are you? I suppose even adults would need their customs remolded now and then due to changes in weight and such.

Your signature lacks "law school" by the way.
wink.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #12 of 15
regardless of age.. your ear's shape changes every year just not much.. remold should only happen every 2~4 years depending if you are putting on or losing lots of weight during the period..

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #15 of 15
I totally agree. I'm just finally hitting a growth spurt.  And I change weight so much between growing and training on my road bike.  25-32 miles a day on a bike going 16-20mph really takes it off of you haha.  The only reason I ever got into headphones was exercise...  I'm almost 100% the ear changes as you grow and your body changes.  I felt like a jerk today on campus.  I walk up to this lady who has custom westone ear molds.  I'm thinking "OMG ANOTHER HEADPHONE LOVER IN MY CITY!??" turns out... she has a hearing problem, and those headphones were connected to an amplifier that sits on her waist and amplifies every sound a normal person would perceive... Now im "That guy" that picked on a girl with a physical disability...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back