The Best Cans for $50 and under
Sep 21, 2009 at 10:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

nitrotron

New Head-Fier
The only restriction i have is that i'm trying to spend a a Best Buy Gift Card, so i can only pick and choose out of there. I usually listen to trance...if that helps a bit and i don't mind in ear ones either.

Thanks for any input/opinions

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 5
Great! Another trance enthusiast ..

US or Canada? Or somewhere in Europe?

Most people recommend Koss Portapros and JVC Flats for under 50s..but since you're trying to use a Best Buy card..you can try the Flats..Some people have also recommended the JVC marshmallows..I personally have tried the Rocketfish in-ears..and for a home brand they're decent.

There's also the Denon AH-C351K at the higher end of 50$

Oh..how could I forget..if you ever decide you could spend that 50 elsewhere..there's always the 19$ CX 300 which are superb for the price..(get them from Amazon)

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 5
I've heard pretty good things about the Sony MDR 7502s. I can't say that I've ever heard them, but I feel like I see them every time I go to Best Buy and they're definitely in your price range.

Sep 21, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #4 of 5
sell that gift card and look for the iGrado or any other decent headphone that you can find online for much cheaper than a physical store
smile.gif

maybe even get something like a used ES7 from our For Sale treasure chest.

Sep 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #5 of 5
Koss Porta Pro is a SURE hit! And specially for trance and other bass-heavy genres...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back