The best bass reproduction available?
Mar 8, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #16 of 17
I owned the Denon D7000, and now own LCD-2 rev 2's. 

I'm pretty sure my D7000's had more bass, and somewhat deeper as well. The problem was that the whole phone-housing shook and "flexed". That was probably my main issue with the phones. I never sent them to Lawton to have the modded - but I can imagine that fixing the only real issue I had with them. 

I can't say I miss any bass in my LCD-2's tho. They're producing tight and smooth bass, just where I want it and as much as I want. Going with LCD-2's then, because I really haven't heard LCD-3 yet :)

Mar 8, 2012 at 5:00 PM Post #17 of 17
I have both right now and to my ears the lcd-2.2 have a tighter and more controlled bass.  The D7000 have powerful bass but sounds mudded compared to lcd.  But the D7000 have a sweet mid and high and better soundstage. 

Quote:
I owned the Denon D7000, and now own LCD-2 rev 2's. 

I'm pretty sure my D7000's had more bass, and somewhat deeper as well. The problem was that the whole phone-housing shook and "flexed". That was probably my main issue with the phones. I never sent them to Lawton to have the modded - but I can imagine that fixing the only real issue I had with them. 

I can't say I miss any bass in my LCD-2's tho. They're producing tight and smooth bass, just where I want it and as much as I want. Going with LCD-2's then, because I really haven't heard LCD-3 yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back