The best Audiophile upgrade/tweak?
May 27, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #2 of 11

Quote:
Thorough earwax purge! I just got one today, and it felt great. Hearing all sort of higher frequency details now... unbelievable! Free at your neighbourhood walk-in clinic.

Clearing out earwax is not recommended unless it is becoming obstructive, mainly because the absence of earwax in our ear canals actually stimulate the production of more earwax than even before.

May 27, 2011 at 6:07 AM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
Clearing out earwax is not recommended unless it is becoming obstructive, mainly because the absence of earwax in our ear canals actually stimulate the production of more earwax than even before.

^ this.

give us an update on how you feel after 2 weeks. most likely you'll be back there removing excess.

May 27, 2011 at 6:29 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:

exactly, plus (a little) earwax has a (protective) function 

If your ears are full of it though, that's a different case. It happens to me 2 times a year approximately, I go to the ENT doctor then

May 28, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #6 of 11
In my opinion the best audiophile tweak was a haircut.
Long hair with the hair obstructing your ears reduces the highs a lot, consequentially there was a huge difference in SQ when I went to the barbershop last time.
Might have to go again sometime soon...

On the other hand long hair does have one very positive side effect as well; it blocks out the wind when biking and listening with IEM's.Without hair being over my IEM's I hear very loud wooshing wind sounds that make it difficult to listen to the music.
Maybe time to invest in some Senn HD 25-II's.

May 28, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 11
The strange thing is, it have made no difference at all (listen hair out the way and over ear), I have straight hair, maybe that makes a difference. I found at least my hair is acoustically transparent.

May 29, 2011 at 5:30 AM Post #8 of 11
The strange thing is, it have made no difference at all (listen hair out the way and over ear), I have straight hair, maybe that makes a difference. I found at least my hair is acoustically transparent.

I have straight hair as well, but maybe it's because I have thick hair that usually is left unwashed. (I rarely wash it as I always end up with abominable itching for 30 minutes)

May 30, 2011 at 2:48 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Quote:

I have straight hair as well, but maybe it's because I have thick hair that usually is left unwashed. (I rarely wash it as I always end up with abominable itching for 30 minutes)

head and shoulders, garnier dandruff shampoos.

May 30, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #10 of 11
Shaved my head from a medium length hairstyle. Everything fits better. True story.
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #11 of 11

Quote:

This. Also my hair makes it so I have zero comfort issues with my Grados. Bonus!! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back