The best audio file possible
Jan 22, 2011 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Dyn4m1c95

100+ Head-Fier
Could someone give me a link to the best digital audio file on the internet. Something that is almost 1:1 to the original recording I don't care what it is. I just want to test out my new headphones I got with it.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:11 AM Post #2 of 5
Jan 23, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #3 of 5
Question doesn't make sense, do you know what the original recording performance sounded like? Probably no, and probably noone knows since it was recorded multiple mikes (one per instrument/group of instruments), or maybe the musicians even played their parts separately leaving to the mixing engineer mixing the track. So in oder of importance for sound quality, mxing/mastering engineer's skill >>>> the gear they worked with >> the final medium the track is.

But if you are simply looking for a track that sounds really good, look for "jazz at the pawnshop", one of the best recordings (SQ wise) ever.

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
Question doesn't make sense, do you know what the original recording performance sounded like? Probably no, and probably noone knows since it was recorded multiple mikes (one per instrument/group of instruments), or maybe the musicians even played their parts separately leaving to the mixing engineer mixing the track. So in oder of importance for sound quality, mxing/mastering engineer's skill >>>> the gear they worked with >> the final medium the track is.

But if you are simply looking for a track that sounds really good, look for "jazz at the pawnshop", one of the best recordings (SQ wise) ever.

the OP is asking to listen to the original sound that's on the cd and not in the recording studio.  In HI-FI our reference is the cd..  and what went in the recording studio is not in our control and not our buisness
bigsmile_face.gif
    the CD like it is in the cd shop (the final product) is our god!

Jan 23, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #5 of 5
Sure, if you find a dealer that sell a FLAC version of Metallica's Death Magnetic, it is going to be a 1:1 reproduction of the original file, I doubt the OP will be able to test how good their headphones are though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back