The Best All-Around IEMs for $150 or under
Jan 3, 2008 at 12:48 AM Post #46 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trager /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a set of hte Denons to try against my Atrio M5s, and so far, I really prefer the M5 sound. The Denons have more forward mids and and a little more sparkle in the highs, but the bass doesn't sound as natural to me as the Atrio bass does.

That said, my Denons have only been burned in for about 20 hours, and I just lent them to my sis for a week. Will post up a real review when I get them back. My initial impressions were not as favorable as the Atrios, though (and I'm not a bass-head at all... or at least, I wasn't until I started listening to them).

Could you please give me a PM when you post your AH-C700 review? I would really like to see what you think about them.

Jan 3, 2008 at 1:47 AM Post #47 of 84
Another vote for the Atrio M5s -- lightweight for their size, with nonfatiguing, ear-pleasing bass (and Road Dog is the way to go) ...

... but most of the ones discussed in this thread should suit the OP (it's not as though WhiteStripes is going to stay awake nights weeping at lost IEM opportunities ... but then, a lot of us on Head-Fi just might, now that I think about it).

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #49 of 84
The more I read the less I know. I was decided on the super.fi pro's, but now I'm unsure. I listen to the full spectrum of musical genres. People swear by the Denon's, people swear by the M5's, people swear by the SF5 Pro's, people swear by the Vibes, etc. etc.

If only I could listen to them all. But I can't.

Jan 3, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #52 of 84
I've heard the following:

Super.fi 3
Super.fi 5
Ety ER6p/6i
Audio Technica CK7
Audio Technica CK9
Westone UM1
V-moda Vibes
Shure E2 (or whatever varient)
Shure E3
Shure E4

And my favourite of the whole lot is the ER6P. A close 2nd is the CK7. I really didn't find the Super.fi 5s worth the extra money.

Jan 3, 2008 at 5:36 AM Post #53 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by baniels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The more I read the less I know. I was decided on the super.fi pro's, but now I'm unsure. I listen to the full spectrum of musical genres. People swear by the Denon's, people swear by the M5's, people swear by the SF5 Pro's, people swear by the Vibes, etc. etc.

then they are all good, choose one and it will make you happy

the sooner you realize that the differences between them are small and that placebo is responsible for 90% of debates on this website, the easier your conscience will rest at night

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #54 of 84
I have both sf pro 5 and eb and love both. I use the pro unamped as I feel that the clarity is excellent and paradoxically use the eb with my Headroom amp and this just is amazing! The pro has enough bass which I was scared would not be the case. Contrary to belief, the EB's are not overwhelming but I am a basshead, whatever that means, and I don't find them "muddy".
They are both fun earphones so you will have to make the call as I think most of the contributors to your thread have picked the correct earphones, and I bet we all individually love our choice IEM...It gets very confusing, but that's the joy of this forum. it certainly gets you thinking...I do believe that all the replies are honest and highly valued so you wouldn't be wrong in taking whichever of the above views suits your fancy!!!!!

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:09 AM Post #55 of 84
v-moda vibes on par with atrios, denons and ues?

lol the vibes are in a much lower league, there's simple no comparison and not to mention the awful build quality. I'm surprised there hasn't been any more negative feed back in this thread, cause you'll find a lot more elsewhere.

overall denons and atrios get the most positive feedback here things to consider will be......
atrios have more isolation
atrios are more comfortable
denons have an advantage on mids and highs
denons have better build quality, thought the quality of the atrios are pretty decent.

Jan 3, 2008 at 6:39 AM Post #56 of 84
Honestly, if you can get the ER-4p for your price range I don't think anything else can really touch them. Yes, they are light on bass impact but not on bass depth or detail. They are truly the best all-round IEMs IMHO. I've tried other IEMs and ultimately the ER-4P are just magical in how they bring the music to you.

Jan 3, 2008 at 2:14 PM Post #57 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
v-moda vibes on par with atrios, denons and ues?

I put those in to show the spectrum of opinions here. I didn't mean to suggest they were all viable choices for me.

Jan 3, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #58 of 84
Well - I think I've again arrived at the UE5 Pro's as my choice. I think they will be a sufficient step up from my CX-300's. I've read countless reports here and elsewhere - I think they will suit me well.

I will report here my impressions within the next few weeks.

Jan 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #60 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by baniels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well - I think I've again arrived at the UE5 Pro's as my choice. I think they will be a sufficient step up from my CX-300's. I've read countless reports here and elsewhere - I think they will suit me well.

I will report here my impressions within the next few weeks.

Yes, very good choice. I upgraded to UE5 Pros from UE3 Studios, as well as Senn CX300's. The UE5's are absolutely magic. And I have found the comfort to be perfect. I can wear them for hours without even feeling them. If there is ONE very minor gripe about the UE5's, it's that I can't really sleep with them in, as I sleep on my side.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back