the best 80-90 dollar IEM?
Nov 1, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #16 of 20
after researching this myself, I've found these conclusions [Which are true for me at least]

The Ety's has a very analytic sound, They're all about detail and compensate a lot for details, They have no warmth in their mids or bass.

On the other hand the UM1 are supposed to have warmer mids and more bass [but still tight, to my understanding] - They do not stand up to the Ety's in terms of details, but they're supposed to be more 'fun' cans, with a more musical/engaging sound.

*Note that this is based upon readings and NOT hearing the phones in person*

Good luck, what ever your desicion will be.

-Jo

Nov 1, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #17 of 20
ER-6i are the best IMO, but I'm starting to like the sound sig on the UE's more again.

Nov 1, 2007 at 11:33 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by P.F. Jo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
after researching this myself, I've found these conclusions [Which are true for me at least]

The Ety's has a very analytic sound, They're all about detail and compensate a lot for details, They have no warmth in their mids or bass.

On the other hand the UM1 are supposed to have warmer mids and more bass [but still tight, to my understanding] - They do not stand up to the Ety's in terms of details, but they're supposed to be more 'fun' cans, with a more musical/engaging sound.

*Note that this is based upon readings and NOT hearing the phones in person*

Good luck, what ever your desicion will be.

-Jo

Those were my impressions (I owned both). That said, I prefer Etymotics.

Nov 2, 2007 at 6:47 AM Post #20 of 20
Good choice, had mine for about 1.5 years and love the SQ. I would suggest getting some sure soft flex tips off amazon if possible IF you don't like the supplied tips. All Shure tips fit on the er6is.

Be careful with the jack, the left ear went out in my first pair because i was rough with the jack cord. Otherwise clean these a few times a week and they will serve you perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back