The Beatles were only in their 20's when they were together! Just realized that....
Aug 16, 2007 at 12:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Quixizous

Head-Fier
Kinda amazing when you think about it. All that great music, and they were so young. Unbelievable. Sure, the same applies to a lot of the greatest artists, but even then, that's quite a catalogue to generate during that particular decade of one's life. Compare that to what most people have done in their 20's.

Aug 16, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 13
i'm more impressed by the fact that most members of Yndi Halda are in their late teens/early twenties. their compositions rival some of the best classical (and modern classical) pieces i've heard in my life.

Aug 16, 2007 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 13
Yeah it is pretty amazing. They knew each other before their twenties as well. But, groups like the Beatles don't come around very often. They had a certain kind of synergy together that was amazing.

Aug 17, 2007 at 6:30 AM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And they couldn't read a note of music.

True dat. It's amazing how some people are just talented.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 17, 2007 at 7:07 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
And they couldn't read a note of music.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

really? wow. I didn't know that. I always thought George Harrison could read.

Aug 17, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #8 of 13
yeah i guess you had to be all grown up in your twenties in the liverpool of the nineteen sixties,

but now that you make me aware of that fact, especially considering my own age, it is truly amazing as to the maturity and composure, not to mention raw telent that they brought to the table!!

Aug 17, 2007 at 2:05 PM Post #9 of 13
like them or not they were responsible for a big change in rock music
i am glad i grew up in part of that era and still thank most of their
music is timeless.

Aug 17, 2007 at 3:27 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quixizous /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kinda amazing when you think about it. All that great music, and they were so young. Unbelievable. Sure, the same applies to a lot of the greatest artists, but even then, that's quite a catalogue to generate during that particular decade of one's life. Compare that to what most people have done in their 20's.

Actually Lennon(18), McCartney(16) and Harrison(15) were playing together in 1958.

McCartney convinced Lennon to allow George Harrison to join the Quarrymen - although Lennon considered Harrison to be too young - after Harrison played at a rehearsal in March 1958.[47] Harrison joined the group as lead guitarist,[48] and Stuart Sutcliffe (Lennon's art school friend) later joined as bassist.[49] The band soon switched to playing rock 'n' roll, using the name 'Johnny and the Moondogs', but Lennon found it too musically associated with skiffle.

Aug 17, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 13
Yep, I was going to mention that Harrison was 17 when they started playing in Hamburg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back