The battle of North America begins...Canada vs United States
Feb 28, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #47 of 70
Yee-haw.
What a game!!!

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:28 PM Post #48 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pianist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
USA didn't play as well in this game as in their previous games. I am disappointed.

The Canadians were bigger, had the best coach, had several all stars, had the home crowd and home refs. With all that, the US squad (youngest team) made a game of it, NHL style. They have nothing to be disappointed about.

I look forward to seeing how the US team evolves for the next shot. I think it will be more of the same. World class hockey for both sexes.

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:31 PM Post #49 of 70
I'm glad I didn't go through with recording the game on DVR to watch later, then being disappointed when I check Head-Fi while I'm watching it to see the spoiler in the title here..
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #50 of 70
What is also nice is that this is the 14th gold medal for Canada which is an olympic record for a hosting country...

The "own the podium" program drew quite a few laughs during the first week, but now we can see tangible results.

Way to go Canada!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #52 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm glad I didn't go through with recording the game on DVR to watch later, then being disappointed when I check Head-Fi while I'm watching it to see the spoiler in the title here..
wink.gif

Removed, sorry.

Mar 1, 2010 at 4:54 AM Post #54 of 70
Congrats to Team Canada, and to Canada's 30 million hockey fans.

Congrats to Team USA. You were still the best team in the series, playing with the most heart, consistently and effectively. Congrats to Ron Wilson, perhaps the biggest unsung hero of the series.

Of course it's easy to be sour grapes, but I'm sure glad that the NHL has stuck with indefinite 5-on-5 overtime to settle their important games. The olympic/international style of deciding games by hockey-related exercises (4-on-4, shootouts, etc), is certainly more expedient, but there's probably half a dozen teams that are going to be better than the US squad at those exercises. (And of course the young legs of the US team would have the bigger advantage in a 4th or 5th period of full strength.)

Mar 1, 2010 at 5:16 AM Post #55 of 70
Congrats to both teams for a great Games, and special props to Ryan Miller!

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #56 of 70
Congrats to both teams.
Does anyone know where I can find a video of the 4th goal (2-2 USA) and the 5th (3-2 CANADA). I saw the game up until the 3rd period and then I fell asleep (it was 12.30-1AM local time).

This game was the first hockey game I ever saw. Cool game :p

Mar 1, 2010 at 6:38 AM Post #57 of 70
p1010366h.jpg

also saw couple of streakers on Robson Street, wearing nothing but canadian flag (which were eventually snapped off by couple of girls).

p1010359td.jpg

This sort of crowd filled the streets of downtown for about.....10 blocks by 6 blocks.

there were also about 10-20 policemen for each block, with riot gear ready in those police vans - just in case USA won.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:04 AM Post #58 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? Blaming the refs now?

If anything the refs helped the USA once, during the late 3rd period there was an uncalled interference against the USA. It was clear but it was not called.

Great game and a testament to allowing pro hockey players in the Olympics, without them it would be like watching college/university level hockey, boring and uneventful. The Olympics is about the best of the best and only allowing jr/non pros in Olympic hockey is a mistake and against the whole spirit and reason behind the Olympic games.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:06 AM Post #59 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats to both teams.
Does anyone know where I can find a video of the 4th goal (2-2 USA) and the 5th (3-2 CANADA). I saw the game up until the 3rd period and then I fell asleep (it was 12.30-1AM local time).

This game was the first hockey game I ever saw. Cool game :p

You should be able to see streams of the highlights as well as the full game at nbcolympics.com.

Mar 1, 2010 at 7:32 AM Post #60 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew H /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be able to see streams of the highlights as well as the full game at nbcolympics.com.

Quote:

Competition video from the 2010 Winter Olympics is restricted to viewers within the United States

International viewers can still watch many other videos on NBCOlympics.com

Featured video for international viewers

frown.gif

It'll probably get on youtube later today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back