The "balanced mod" truth and perpetuated mis-information!
Feb 11, 2006 at 8:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Funk-O-Meter

100+ Head-Fier
*Delete Please*

Removed by author because the thread had immediatly taken a turn for the worse. Will attempt to re-author at some point and clearify. Don't want to start a scene. Should have been more clear. Sorry Head-fi.

eek.gif

Feb 11, 2006 at 9:05 PM Post #3 of 8
Most headphones have four wires. When you use dual XLR's with a balanced amp you actually do get a balanced signal. A balanced amp like the blockhead, gilmore dynamight, etc.. have four channels and produce the signal and inverted signal (given a balanced input), so each XLR does in fact contain + and - signals.

Feb 11, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #4 of 8
wow, you're so confused and trying to spread misinformation about a topic that already seems to be quite confusing to many people.
rolleyes.gif
your title sure doesn't help with phrases like "truth" in it to describe your thoughts.

Feb 11, 2006 at 10:50 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funk-O-Meter
*Delete Please*

Removed by author because the thread had immediatly taken a turn for the worse. Will attempt to re-author at some point and clearify. Don't want to start a scene. Should have been more clear. Sorry Head-fi.

eek.gif

You know the title grapped me and I wondered as I clicked, "Does this guy know what he is starting..." I was ready to see people polarized. I still think inbetween any squabbles there would be a good deal of good information on both sides of the issue.

O well I will wait.
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back