The bad thing about having 2 portable sources.
Jan 3, 2009 at 5:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

That dude

500+ Head-Fier
I owned a ipod video 80gb and a ipod touch 16gb. (Note the word, owned) Why? Because I listen to music on one, and watch videos/surf the net/play games on the other.

I was in the library at my school yesterday working on my laptop when I decided to watch some youtube videos. Unfortunately the school's connection was dreadfully slow, which was why I decided to connect to a public connection that was slightly faster. Stupid thing was, my ipod touch was still connected to that network and there cannot be more than 1 connection using the same account. So i had to log out from my ipod touch and log in using my computer again. So I left the ipod touch on the armrest of the chair, pulled out my ipod video and started listening to music and surfing the net. Time passed, when I looked at the clock it was time for class. I scrambled to keep my laptop, I put my ipod video into its pouch and left the library. I looked at my seat, nope, nothing. So I left. I only used my ipod video for the rest of the day.

So now a day later, I've just found out that my ipod touch is missing. I rushed to the library and searched everywhere. No sign of it at all. I know this is sort of a pointless thread but I had to rant and share my story. If only I could contact the guy who found my touch... damn!

Anyone else got their source stolen or lost?

Jan 3, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #2 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone else got their source stolen or lost?

No but I feel for you. 0Uch!

I'm totally obsessed with taking great care of my gear so luckily that has paid off.

Jan 3, 2009 at 7:41 AM Post #4 of 12
^Wow, you're story was fantastic. At least you got your stuff back and he got what he deserved.

Jan 3, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #6 of 12
Sorry for the loss!
frown.gif

At least you now are down to only 1 portable source, and probably will keep a close eye to it.

Jan 3, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #8 of 12
Hopefully I can find the person using the security video. I doubt there is anyway to contact the person though. Unless I leave a note on the table I was at and hope that the guy will contact me.

Jan 3, 2009 at 11:48 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by That dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hopefully I can find the person using the security video. I doubt there is anyway to contact the person though. Unless I leave a note on the table I was at and hope that the guy will contact me.

I hate to say this, but if the person meant good intentions of returning it, chances are he (or she) would have left it with the librarian.
frown.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hate to say this, but if the person meant good intentions of returning it, chances are he (or she) would have left it with the librarian.
frown.gif

Unless the librarian kept it!
frown.gif

Jan 3, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 12
One thing I would recommend is having some sort of personal information on your iPod touch, when I found a beaten up 1G 8GB touch on the ground a little way away from my college I was only able to find the guy and return it to him because he had aim on his touch and even without internet it let me log in and see contacts, so I was then able to contact them and get some information on him and also message him on aim. In the end he lived like 4 hours away in massachusetts but that was just a little matter of shipping the ipod touch to him.

Jan 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #12 of 12
Sorry for your loss
frown.gif
I lost a cycle that was bad enough.
Bit late but did you know there's an app that lets you track the position of your ipod? Cant remember what it's called.

Put up a poster saying Ipod touch lost and it might make the person who found it feel guilty keeping it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back