The Baby Orpheus Appreciation Thread
Jan 10, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #47 of 56
Thank you both, but can you be sure based on what I've described that it's the amp and not the headphones?  At very low volume levels they seem to be working, but anything past 70% of volume and I can start to hear the distortion regularly when the treble spikes.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #48 of 56
Of course I can't be sure without having the equipment here, but nothing you are describing sounds like a headphone fault.  

If you need more confidence by having others tell you the same thing, post in the STAX thread, folks there will be happy to help.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:48 AM Post #49 of 56
I appreciate the advice and am eager to resolve this one way or another.  I'm waiting to hear back further from Sennheiser and have a message out to Drew at Moon Audio, but am leaning toward reterminating.  I'll wait a few days and keep looking for an adapter, which would be the quickest way to test it.  Wondering if there is a way to rent an adapter?  Would be happy to pay for a few hours of use + shipping both ways.

Feb 13, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #50 of 56
I received my HE60s back from Moon Audio, reterminated to STAX pro bias and the distortion is completely gone.  Drew did a very nice job with these.  I am finally getting a chance to hear these.  Thank you to all those who offered advice.

Feb 27, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #51 of 56
Bump for a headphone that doesn't get its just due. If a little thin and lacking in solidity, it remains one of the most seductive cans around.

Mar 2, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #53 of 56
I like both my pairs - It's just that I like my Stax SR007 Mk1 and Stax SR009 more......  Driven off a KGSSHV amp.

Mar 2, 2015 at 7:05 AM Post #54 of 56
I like both my pairs - It's just that I like my Stax SR007 Mk1 and Stax SR009 more......  Driven off a KGSSHV amp.

Yeah, a part of me agrees with that. They're a little fuzzy next to the above too and image a bit too indiscriminately, plus the lack of heft; but damn, when right, those beautiful, smooth mids....

Mar 2, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #56 of 56
Yeah, see I don't get that with my pair. The 009 can wean me off any can, but I'm still waiting for the 007 to take the shackles off. It's probably the amp, but for all they can do, they don't get out of the way nearly as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back