The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Dec 28, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #1,321 of 1,853

We meet again...

I tell you what - if you really want hard hitting sub-bass taking things to a new level over any beats IEM, consider Hippo VB for $80 from Jaben Audio in Melbourne.

http://www.jaben.com.au/collections/hippo/products/hip-vb-1

These have interchangeable bass tuning ports and with a good seal can create almost car sub-woofer bass levels. To take this further, you can then add an amp like FiiO E11 or E11K and engage their bass boost switches which will take things to dubstep heaven.. I was a bass-head once and tried quite a few alternatives, Hippo VB were as extreme as It got for me.

Goodluck, and of course see what the others say.

I 2nd what H20 is saying here.  I had them (and lost them on our last trip
frown.gif
) and they were durable, provided clean bass, and the tuning ports were adjustable.  I guess I wouldn't go as far as to call them "extreme" (subjective I guess) but in comparison to the others I have had (see my original post) I must say they were my favorite and prolly better than the vSonics just purely because they lasted me almost 1.5 years (the vSonics lasted 4 mos 
angry_face.gif
 )

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:21 AM Post #1,322 of 1,853
While I'm not into rap, trap, or much hip-hop at all, I would call myself a bass guitar head, since I love an amazing bass player in a band. Jazz bassists are especially my favorites, like Stanley Clarke and Esperanza Spalding. However, my bass enthusiasm is for detailed retrieval and response, rather than quantity.
And with that, I'll quietly scoot my way out of this thread.

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:31 AM Post #1,323 of 1,853
Choices choices, Sony MDR-1A, JBL Synchros S500 or Master & Dynamic MH40 or possibly Focal Spirit One S? ^^

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #1,324 of 1,853
While I'm not into rap, trap, or much hip-hop at all, I would call myself a bass guitar head, since I love an amazing bass player in a band. Jazz bassists are especially my favorites, like Stanley Clarke and Esperanza Spalding. However, my bass enthusiasm is for detailed retrieval and response, rather than quantity.
And with that, I'll quietly scoot my way out of this thread.

b34t5pr0 pl0x
On a more serious note, you should check out the Philips Fidelio X2 (or X1, depending on your preferences).

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #1,325 of 1,853
b34t5pr0 pl0x
On a more serious note, you should check out the Philips Fidelio X2 (or X1, depending on your preferences).

I'm currently waiting for the HiFiMAN HE-500's to come to my door. They're supposed to have absolutely fantastic detail in not only the bass and sub-bass, but every other frequency as well. I've already got the Beyerdynamic DT-990 PRO's, and they're fun to listen to with their emphasized mid-bass, but I wouldn't mind doing some research on the Fidelo series. They seem to have a lot of praise about their bass reproduction and soundstage, one of the reasons why I got the DT990.

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,330 of 1,853

Does the DT990 have more bass than the x2? I havent heard the x2.

Certainly. X1 might be quite similar to DT990, they both belong in the rare very bassy open headphones. Add Ultrasone 2900 and you have pretty complete top-3 in open back bassiest headphones.

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #1,331 of 1,853

Certainly. X1 might be quite similar to DT990, they both belong in the rare very bassy open headphones. Add Ultrasone 2900 and you have pretty complete top-3 in open back bassiest headphones.

Great! Thanks for the info, that's very helpful. Can you rate those 3? What DT990 version are you talking about?

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #1,332 of 1,853
Hello guys! I'm new to this all and I already posted in the Introductions section, asking for some help about deciding which IE headphones have the best bass and highest volume. All I got is the spec's of the headphones, so if anyone could give me some advice or suggest which one of them would have the best bass and volume, I would really appreciate it! Here are the model's of the IE and spec's.

- JBL Synchos S200a

Frequency Response: 10Hz - 22kHz
Rated Input Power: 5mW
Maximum SPL: 108dB @ 5mW
Driver Diameter: Premium 10mm
Headphone Impedance: Couldn't really find...

- Beyerdynamic MMX 102 iE

Frequency Response: 10Hz - 23kHz
Rated Input Power: No info...
Maximum SPL: 104dB 
Driver Diameter: HD Neodymium acoustic Drivers???
Headphone Impedance: 23 ohms

- AKG K 376

Frequency Response: 12Hz - 24kHz
Rated Input Power: 10mW
Maximum SPL: 120dB 
Driver Diameter: 9mm
Headphone Impedance: 16 ohms

- Audio Technica ATH-CKX9iS

Frequency Response: 5Hz - 25kHz
Rated Input Power: 20mW
Maximum SPL: 104dB 
Driver Diameter: 13.5mm
Headphone Impedance: 32 ohms

Sorry for posting this here, but I really need some advice. :)

Dec 29, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #1,333 of 1,853

I'd add the HiFiMan HE-400 to the open head basshead list.  Fed from a vintage amp they flat thump....................

Dec 29, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #1,335 of 1,853
do any of you know if the Fidelio L1 would be a sound upgrade from the UE6000.  i know design and craftsmanship it is a definite upgrade.  but how about sound quality and BASS?  any info would be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back