The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
Jul 16, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #841 of 1,853

I'm hoping I get my hands on it by Friday, but that was based on a PM from Miz Moxie two weeks ago saying they were going to be in production as of two days ago.   Have not heard a peep since so with the usual manufacturing issues that pop up it would not surprise me to have to wait an extra week or so. 

Manufacturing started yesterday, the initial batch seemed fine from quick testing.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #842 of 1,853
  I personally preferred the E11 over the ZO2 so I'm skipping the new ZO (for now anyway) since the E11K is less than a month away.

I did too as a standalone amp.  However, the new one is more like an amp than a bass booster so may be in for a pleasant surprise.  We'll update as soon as we get our hands on it.

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #843 of 1,853

I did too as a standalone amp.  However, the new one is more like an amp than a bass booster so may be in for a pleasant surprise.  We'll update as soon as we get our hands on it.

I'm looking forward to the reviews from the early adopters. 

Jul 16, 2014 at 12:38 PM Post #844 of 1,853
I'm really looking forward to the Zo3, even though I have an E11. Unfortunately I can't use the bass boost function on my E11 as there seems to be very strong hiss (particularly in the right channel) whenever I boost the bass. This is less apparent with my high impedence headphones, but is really noticeable with my sensitive headphones and IEM's.

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #845 of 1,853
I'm really looking forward to the Zo3, even though I have an E11. Unfortunately I can't use the bass boost function on my E11 as there seems to be very strong hiss (particularly in the right channel) whenever I boost the bass. This is less apparent with my high impedence headphones, but is really noticeable with my sensitive headphones and IEM's.

I don't think the E11 is made for IEMs, unfortunately. 

I'm looking forward to the reviews from the early adopters. 

As am I. What made you prefer the Fiio, out of interest?

Here are some photos from the Digizoid Facebook page today:

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #846 of 1,853

The price was the first and most important factor, it was half the price of the ZO2 and the ZO2's one button for everything was something I didn't like. I also thought the E11 sounded cleaner on high volume, and the very easily replaceable battery on the E11 was a big plus. It also stacked nicely with my Fuze.... My first portable rig.

Jul 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #847 of 1,853
Wow, that screen looks interesting.

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #849 of 1,853
No Digizoid shipments this week.  May be next week according to Miz Moxie. 

They are done with the manufacturing portion, are now going to load firmware and test each unit before shipping.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #850 of 1,853
Hey guys, 

Just wanted to ask for a recommendation. I currently have the setup listed in my signature, which is my main environment I use to listen to music all day while working or messing around on my computer (work at home).

But, I wanted a recommendation for something around 50 dollars to use at the gym. Though I have the Shure 535, I will definitely not use those at the gym as that is how I ruined my e5c pair.
I absolutely do not want to spend more than 50 because they will likely get lost within 2 years and/or get ruined from abuse (sweat).

As far as SQ, something between the 535 and the SZ2000 would be cool. I like my bass, but don't need as much as the SZ2000 pumps just for working out, and anyway, it requires a good total setup to get the bass from that sucker anyway. I will connect directly to my phone only for this situation (LG3).

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:51 PM Post #852 of 1,853
I think IEM, but has to have a good fit. I hate it when they slowly slip out from each step on a treadmill or each rotation on an elliptical or whatever and lose the seal.

Jul 17, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #853 of 1,853
So whats the go with all this mobile tech?  I got to use an Iphone 4 for about a month for a short stint of work....and ever since, well I can't go back to these primitive number pad phones.  I bought a used I phone 4....but my older style SIM card doesn't fit.  But I do have Ipod that I never use...so can one let the Iphone take care of 320 MP3, and line out to the Digizoid?  Or do we get a digital signal out of the Iphone into a dac and amp.  Count me interested in the digizoid if it can amp iems and Audeze planars.

With an Iphone, I had superpowers!  Without an Iphone feels like a kryptonited Superman....damn these smart phones, learn how to use one just the once and forever become one with sky...I mean INTER net.
eek.gif

Jul 17, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #854 of 1,853

I don't think the E11 is made for IEMs, unfortunately. 

Here are some photos from the Digizoid Facebook page today:

whoa is that an Audeze Can on his head, hooked up through a 4pin XLR to SE adapter... dang 

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #855 of 1,853
Hey guys, 

Just wanted to ask for a recommendation. I currently have the setup listed in my signature, which is my main environment I use to listen to music all day while working or messing around on my computer (work at home).

But, I wanted a recommendation for something around 50 dollars to use at the gym. Though I have the Shure 535, I will definitely not use those at the gym as that is how I ruined my e5c pair.
I absolutely do not want to spend more than 50 because they will likely get lost within 2 years and/or get ruined from abuse (sweat).

As far as SQ, something between the 535 and the SZ2000 would be cool. I like my bass, but don't need as much as the SZ2000 pumps just for working out, and anyway, it requires a good total setup to get the bass from that sucker anyway. I will connect directly to my phone only for this situation (LG3).

Audio Technica WS55
JVC HA-S500

Both are good for gym use. BUT eventually both will lose their clamp and will start slipping off your head, so you may want to look into IEM's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back