The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
May 20, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #451 of 1,853
Finally I can re-join the bass head club. "Certain people" aren't allowed so I'm definitely back. HEY GUYS! :blush:

Welcome back bud!

May 20, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #452 of 1,853
Lol at trying to do a hall of fame though. Trying to do that would make this thread end up like the previous one that was locked, (no don't put that in the HoF, the bass doesn't make my ears bleed, and I can hear the other frequencies too well)

May 20, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #455 of 1,853

I think it's great as is. Maybe we should discuss the possibility of the basshead club making some contributions? It's up to you, of course.

RE: everyone else saying we should "compete" against the fantastic wiki that gelocks and HBB have created:
We are not in the business of competing, or bullying - we are better people than that. 

We just do what we can, and if people appreciate it, then we can be happy, and cherish the fact that we created something people enjoy. 

I'm not doing the Basshead club to compete, or be "better" than anyone/anything else - I just really enjoy bassy headphones, I love the headphone bass community, and I want to contribute to the Head-fi community in general.

If people want to take offence to that - they are doing so under their own interpretations. 

I don't come to Head-fi to grief people, or make people unhappy - I just come to discuss headphones, and chat to mates.

beerchug.gif

If I told you guys some examples of reactions people have had to me making this thread, you actually wouldn't believe me. 

So...what do we do now? 
biggrin.gif

BRING ON THE BASS!!!

L3000.gif

I think making an HoF list will be very highly debated, knowing how people's ears and bass thresholds vary wildly from person to person. Of course, lots of you guys are "true" bassheads, so, averaging impressions, maybe you guys could make some sort of consensus on a headphones on whether it should be added to the HoF or not?

May 20, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #456 of 1,853
  So...what do we do now? 
biggrin.gif

BRING ON THE BASS!!!

L3000.gif

I think making an HoF list will be very highly debated, knowing how people's ears and bass thresholds vary wildly from person to person. Of course, lots of you guys are "true" bassheads, so, averaging impressions, maybe you guys could make some sort of consensus on a headphones on whether it should be added to the HoF or not?

I second the consensus. We could take a vote, maybe do a poll for each tier and whichever can gets the most votes in each tier goes in the HoF?

May 20, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #457 of 1,853
Okay, little update on the Price List (probably the last...so far
tongue.gif
):
After a lot of searching, I think I found the prices on the last of the headphones without 'em:

JVC
FXZ200
$345?
JVC
FXZ100
$250?
Panasonic
HJE900
$250
Phiaton
PS20
$150
Sony
XB series
$70, $80, $120
TFTA
2200 2V1
$48?

Of course, they're mostly just estimates taken from websites, but the TFTA was simply too hard to find, so I had to look to Amazon (ended up in Amazon.de for the price). Well, finally I could relax. 
tongue.gif

Also, I was thinking if we could add a fifth column to this list, with the header Classification onto it. I think that, with the help of the Bass Headphones Wiki, we could classify all of the headphones, whether it's simply bassy, bloated, or a bass cannon. We could, if we replce the Classification column, just take opinions from all of the people here and make a consensus, like for the HoF.

May 21, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #460 of 1,853
Don't remember if this has been discussed, but should we add a disclaimer next to headphones that tell the reader whether or not they have been discontinued?

May 21, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #461 of 1,853
  Don't remember if this has been discussed, but should we add a disclaimer next to headphones that tell the reader whether or not they have been discontinued?

I don't think so, but I do think it is a good idea. And maybe, also discontinued but still currently available (at least until they aren't) such as the Signature DJ.

May 21, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #462 of 1,853
Sadly, I found more than a few on the list that have been discontinued. Maybe a way to mark them is a good idea?

Thanks for the list updates thatBeatsguy, I'll get onto that later today, or tomorrow.

I also like the idea of a classification! 

May 21, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #463 of 1,853
Maybe ranking based on availability would be better for clarity.

May 21, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #464 of 1,853
Availability is a tough one.. I can't get many JVC cans in my area, but I think they are easier to get in other regions..

(Or did you mean availability as in "still in production"?)

I guess having another column with "Discontinued" would be the easiest way. Discontinued cans can be marked on the list with "yes".

May 21, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #465 of 1,853
I am not sure what others are thinking, but I meant that there is a difference between discontinued and no longer available for purchase as a new product and discontinued but still available for purchase as a new product.
If all I saw was discontinued without any other info, I would assume that means I cannot buy it anymore, which would be disappointing if that is something I were interested in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back