The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II)
May 14, 2014 at 7:05 PM Post #257 of 1,853
  The E18

+1 from me! I love my E18. Runs everything, from super low-impedance IEMs, to big, demanding cans. With a great bass boost switch and DAC to boot.

Dunu DN1000- Heard a lot about these and I've wanted a pair for a long time. I'm probably most likely to get these, I've heard some good things about them but I'd like an opinion on what they're like in terms of bass. Also if anyone has any other ideas for IEMs with not too much bass, but nice clarity and depth.

I have a set, they are exactly as you described - nice clarity and depth. They have a good quantity of bass, definitely enough to satisfy me for daily listening. They respond well to EQ, as well.

May 14, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #258 of 1,853
Guess the E18 will be the higher end choice, if my wallet is limited to less than that...should I go with the E11, or the lesser FiiO DAC/AMPs? Sub and mid bass boost is my main priority.

May 14, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #259 of 1,853
  Guess the E18 will be the higher end choice, if my wallet is limited to less than that...should I go with the E11, or the lesser FiiO DAC/AMPs? Sub and mid bass boost is my main priority.

The E18 has a DAC as well as an amp, which is great. The E11 isn't great for IEMs, from my experience - 

What are you planning to use it with?

May 14, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #261 of 1,853
  Well I picked up two Ultrasone Pro 900s. For a brief time this morning an Amazon seller with great rep and a good return policy had a bunch of new ones in stock for $220 off the standard price. I knew this wouldn't last, and they indeed sold out quickly. I consider myself real lucky, and am now browsing the owner's forum for ideas on mods. (Of course, they haven't shipped yet, so I'm hoping I don't get an email stating they f'd up.)

It's a wonderful basshead can with good sound quality period.  I put Alpha pads on my pair and there's a thing called the "Kees mod" which I believe is aimed at reducing the treble.  Some folks have trouble with the piercing treble as they call it - I do not, as I'm fortunate enough to be 52 and don't hear about 16khz, or I just am not affected by bright headphones. 

May 14, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #262 of 1,853

It's a wonderful basshead can with good sound quality period.  I put Alpha pads on my pair and there's a thing called the "Kees mod" which I believe is aimed at reducing the treble.  Some folks have trouble with the piercing treble as they call it - I do not, as I'm fortunate enough to be 52 and don't hear about 16khz, or I just am not affected by bright headphones. 

Wait your TH900 has Lawton Mods :O 

May 15, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #263 of 1,853
I have a set, they are exactly as you described - nice clarity and depth. They have a good quantity of bass, definitely enough to satisfy me for daily listening. They respond well to EQ, as well.

Thanks for the advice. Also do you know exactly how those little spacer rings affect the sound? It seems like there's a lot of opportunities to tweak the sound, with all the spacers and fit and tip options.

May 15, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #264 of 1,853
Hey guys, just seeing if this thread is still going.
Anyway, I've been reading the list on the first post, and I was thinking if we should add a price category by the headphone models. I thought it'd be helpful to noobs who are reading the list; maybe, in my opinion, it would save them some What shock when they find out that an Audeze LCD-2 is actually $1000 retail.

Just my two cents. Hope you guys'll take this into consideration.

May 15, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #265 of 1,853
May 15, 2014 at 8:25 AM Post #266 of 1,853
I came to say the PX-100s should be on the list but i see they now are!
basshead.gif
I'm loving these, I kind of regret buying so many pairs of Portapro/Sportapro/Ksc75 and never trying these. Possibly my favorite pair of cans ever, I think I may even prefer them to the Q-40s.....and i had my doubts because of the supposed "veiled" Sennheiser sound, but really it just lets you listen longer without harsh highs.

May 15, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #267 of 1,853
Hey guys, just seeing if this thread is still going.
Anyway, I've been reading the list on the first post, and I was thinking if we should add a price category by the headphone models. I thought it'd be helpful to noobs who are reading the list; maybe, in my opinion, it would save them some What shock when they find out that an Audeze LCD-2 is actually $1000 retail.

Just my two cents. Hope you guys'll take this into consideration.

Definitely a great idea, one we should take a vote on.

The reason I haven't thus far, is that prices fluctuate fairly wildly at times, and can have big jumps between countries..

May 15, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #269 of 1,853
May 15, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #270 of 1,853
Well street prices aren't exactly practical or even doable. Amazon prices fluctuate more often than my mood swings, and I'm bipolar. MSRP is probably the only doable alternative.

While a good idea, I already feel sorry for White Lotus.

Perhaps just some crude estimation or categorizing of the prices and a link to camelcamelcameltoe or Amazon or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back