The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Apr 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM Post #812 of 1,431

Quote:
Where I live the m50 goes for around 250$ Are they worth that price?

No because you can probably get headphones with similar or better sound quality at lower prices than that.

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:54 PM Post #814 of 1,431
Apr 29, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #816 of 1,431

Quote:
I am not, did something indicate that I am?

I'm just wondering if the m50's are worth 250$ since what everyone is talking about is that it's a steal for 100 - 150$.

Well I said there are likely headphones that sound better than M50 at the $200~250 price-point, especially in Europe, where AKG and Sennheisers (among a few other brands) are cheaper than in NA / Asia. Audio Technica is a Japanese brand produced in Asia targetting mostly Asian and N.American consumers so it's overpriced in Europe.

You immediately replied to me stating that Dre. Beats are priced at $450 in Europe, which is entirely off-topic to what I said.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:16 PM Post #817 of 1,431

Quote:
Well I said there are likely headphones that sound better than M50 at the $200~250 price-point, especially in Europe, where AKG and Sennheisers (among a few other brands) are cheaper than in NA / Asia. Audio Technica is a Japanese brand produced in Asia targetting mostly Asian and N.American consumers so it's overpriced in Europe.

You immediately replied to me stating that Dre. Beats are priced at $450 in Europe, which is entirely off-topic to what I said.

I see, I see.

Sorry for that, my bad. What I meant was that pretty much all the headphones are way expensive hear compared to the US. Had nothing to do with the beats themselfs.

Apr 29, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #818 of 1,431

Quote:

I see, I see.

Sorry for that, my bad. What I meant was that pretty much all the headphones are way expensive hear compared to the US. Had nothing to do with the beats themselfs.

How much are the sennheiser, beyerdynamic and akgs in Sweden?

If they are just as overpriced as everything else you stated, then I guess the m50 would be a fair choice

Apr 29, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #819 of 1,431
Just get them.. people here seem to find impossible deals. I got mine at a store and paid about $230 total (w/tax). Totally worth it (6 months later).
If you can tune out the price talk.. honestly, like, the M50 are well worth MSRP. Get em and enjoy! 

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #820 of 1,431
Impossible prices? Did you ever consider the idea that someone in the USA would buy it for you for $110 and shipping it to you for $20 give or take? It would take 3 weeks(1 week to ship to USA buyer, another 2 to ship overseas), but hey, you just got an awesome deal for $130 while your in Sweden =]

Apr 30, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #821 of 1,431

Quote:
How much are the sennheiser, beyerdynamic and akgs in Sweden?

If they are just as overpriced as everything else you stated, then I guess the m50 would be a fair choice

Well, the K701 for example is currently at exactly 414$. Although, AKG and sennheiser are way cheaper here compared to brands like AT, because there is alot more stores selling those headphones. DT770 is actually on sale in one store and I can get it for 220$ Although normal price is 400$

Quote:
Impossible prices? Did you ever consider the idea that someone in the USA would buy it for you for $110 and shipping it to you for $20 give or take? It would take 3 weeks(1 week to ship to USA buyer, another 2 to ship overseas), but hey, you just got an awesome deal for $130 while your in Sweden =]

I did consider that idea. Although I feel more safe buying it from a local store.

Apr 30, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #822 of 1,431

Maybe you should get the DT770, I've heard its a little better than the m50s
Quote:
Well, the K701 for example is currently at exactly 414$. Although, AKG and sennheiser are way cheaper here compared to brands like AT, because there is alot more stores selling those headphones. DT770 is actually on sale in one store and I can get it for 220$ Although normal price is 400$

I did consider that idea. Although I feel more safe buying it from a local store.

Apr 30, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #823 of 1,431

Quote:

Don't be afraid man..
I ordered my m50's from a U.S guaranteed seller on ebay who is by the way an authorised dealer...
I live in Greece where m50's cost 160 euros and finally got them at the price of 116 euros and with fast shipping...
After one week i found them on my couch waiting for me...

Apr 30, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #824 of 1,431

what about if they brake?

May 1, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #825 of 1,431
My M50's came in the mail today and so far I'm liking them! It's my first "real" pair of headphones so I don't have anything to compare them to, but their definitely comfortable and they sound nice. I have a question though: is it bad to lay them down on a table or anything for a while, like storing them when I'm not wearing them. I didn't know if it would damage the pads over time or anything. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back