The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Feb 9, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #557 of 1,431
Just wait till you've used them for about 50 hours and the bass will sure enough be there :wink: Mine magically appeared at about the 15 hour mark lol

Quote:
First time poster here. I just received my M50s in the mail yesterday and I'm listening to them at work as I'm writing this. They sound great! Granted, I don't think I know a single thing about what "good" audio sounds like, they sound good enough to me.

Playing them through my Macbook last night, they didn't seem very loud. However, I just tried listening to them on my Clip+ and iPod 4G today and they sound better. So happy and excited!
L3000.gif

For those who are interested in buying them for a cheaper price, I got mine from an authorized seller on eBay for $105. The seller is scitscat.

By the way, the bass doesn't seem as strong as many people say it is...does that make me a basshead? =p  Or maybe it's that I've got the 2010 model and it just seems less emphasized?

Feb 9, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #558 of 1,431
Got mine from ScitScat also... perfect transaction... $109 incl shipping. Highly recommended.

Feb 9, 2011 at 5:39 AM Post #559 of 1,431

Quote:
Anyone have the M50 box they don't need? Kinda weird but mine was thrown out mistakenly and I need it. I will gladly pay for the shipping to me.

sure you can have mine, shipping from New Zealand :wink:

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #560 of 1,431
I disagree. I burnt mine in and still not enough bass. Different people have different needs in terms of bass. I never thought of myself as a basshead but now I think I kind of am. You probably are too...
biggrin.gif
. That's okay though, I'm currently looking for some with more bass and theres some good ones to choose from, just a tad higher in price. Sell them if you must, there are TONS of people especially on here that are clammering to get these at a slightly lower price.

Quote:
Just wait till you've used them for about 50 hours and the bass will sure enough be there :wink: Mine magically appeared at about the 15 hour mark lol

Quote:
First time poster here. I just received my M50s in the mail yesterday and I'm listening to them at work as I'm writing this. They sound great! Granted, I don't think I know a single thing about what "good" audio sounds like, they sound good enough to me.

Playing them through my Macbook last night, they didn't seem very loud. However, I just tried listening to them on my Clip+ and iPod 4G today and they sound better. So happy and excited!
L3000.gif

For those who are interested in buying them for a cheaper price, I got mine from an authorized seller on eBay for $105. The seller is scitscat.

By the way, the bass doesn't seem as strong as many people say it is...does that make me a basshead? =p  Or maybe it's that I've got the 2010 model and it just seems less emphasized?

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM Post #561 of 1,431
Hmm...I'll continue burning them in and see if any magic happens.
wink.gif
I'm currently at around the 15 hour mark. 

Funny thing is, I like bass, but I don't think I normally listen to "bass-heavy" music. I listen to mostly pop/rock stuff, but I'd like to hear more bass on stuff that should be bass-y, like hip hop.

Quote:
I disagree. I burnt mine in and still not enough bass. Different people have different needs in terms of bass. I never thought of myself as a basshead but now I think I kind of am. You probably are too...
biggrin.gif
. That's okay though, I'm currently looking for some with more bass and theres some good ones to choose from, just a tad higher in price. Sell them if you must, there are TONS of people especially on here that are clammering to get these at a slightly lower price.

Quote:

Feb 9, 2011 at 2:07 PM Post #562 of 1,431
Quote:
Thanks for the advice guys. I tried something different though. I rotated the earcup around. I don't know how much of a difference that will make if any, but I felt stupid for not trying it before. Completely forgot they could do that.

Thanks for that idea. My right ear was feeling some discomfort too, but after I tried rotating the earpad, it's gone! =)

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #563 of 1,431
Been playing with mine for some days. Very pleasant and easy listening. The bass is it´s blessing and a curse. Yes it goes down to 30hz with tons of oomph. It actually almost sound louder at 30 then 40 hz. I don´t believe I have golden sub bass ears either. Good match for my bass light Ipod touch 3G but it´s almost to much also on this! It very frequently pass the point of booming that´s for sure so probably better putting it on my GHP. Nice complement to the AD700. FR response on the M50 seem to be turned upside down from that one :) 

Feb 9, 2011 at 11:57 PM Post #565 of 1,431
I just ordered my m50s off of zzsounds for 135ish total with 2 day shipping! I'm very excited about the purchase.
beyersmile.png

Edit: Although Zzounds had them listed as available when I ordered, I received an email saying my headphones were placed on backorder till march 10th, so I cancelled and went to scitscat and got them for 30 bucks cheaper... although I couldn't expedite the shipping =( I'm still excited! =)

Feb 10, 2011 at 2:46 AM Post #567 of 1,431
Maybe this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headphone-carrying-case-L-K-/150541723492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230cfc6764#ht_1314wt_273

Quote:
Does anyone use a hard case to hold these headphones? I was looking for one and the only one I found was the Slappa Hardbody Pro. Has anyone used it or are there any other alternatives? 

Feb 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #568 of 1,431

Quote:
Maybe this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Headphone-carrying-case-L-K-/150541723492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230cfc6764#ht_1314wt_273

Quote:
Does anyone use a hard case to hold these headphones? I was looking for one and the only one I found was the Slappa Hardbody Pro. Has anyone used it or are there any other alternatives? 

Yeah...but if I'm going to pay that amount, I might as well buy a new one that might be sturdier and looks better. =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back