The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Feb 4, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #541 of 1,431

Quote:
so yeah, anyone know of a place where the price tag is about 130-140 after shipping on the coiled cable version that accepts paypal and ships to Canada?

Hey dude, just 2 weeks ago there was more coiled versions on ebay then straight...
An ebay seller "proaudiomarket was selling them for $160 but if you emailed him, he would sell it to you for $120 + free shipping.
but sadly in the passed 2 weeks it alternated from coiled to straight version haha.

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #544 of 1,431
Sorry to interrupt, but I have to ask you M50 fanpeople(yes I am one too), what do you think about its price:value ratio and how does it compare to other headphones?

Feb 5, 2011 at 4:36 PM Post #546 of 1,431
Of course free headphones (like in magazines or added to DAPs) have the best P/P ratio ; )
I think M9, which can go for as low as $10 have way better P/P ratio than thease.

Feb 5, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #547 of 1,431
If you can get them under $110, they are definitely one of the tops in P/P ratio headphones on the market right now.
Now if your going to pay $150 or $160, then there are may be better options...

Feb 7, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #548 of 1,431
I've determined the source of my discomfort from the right earcup. My ear seems to be pressing up against the inside of the cup. Slightly against the grill/driver or what have you. Also when I look, the right earpad seems to be not quite as thick as the left pad. It's very slight. Anyone else see anything like this? What might you recommend I do?

Feb 7, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #550 of 1,431
You might be able to switch the cups, so that the thinner one is on the other side and see if that is enough to alleviate your issues.

Quote:
I've determined the source of my discomfort from the right earcup. My ear seems to be pressing up against the inside of the cup. Slightly against the grill/driver or what have you. Also when I look, the right earpad seems to be not quite as thick as the left pad. It's very slight. Anyone else see anything like this? What might you recommend I do?

Feb 7, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #551 of 1,431

Quote:

the problem is the pads. period. if you get new pads then you should be fine!

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #552 of 1,431
First time poster here. I just received my M50s in the mail yesterday and I'm listening to them at work as I'm writing this. They sound great! Granted, I don't think I know a single thing about what "good" audio sounds like, they sound good enough to me.

Playing them through my Macbook last night, they didn't seem very loud. However, I just tried listening to them on my Clip+ and iPod 4G today and they sound better. So happy and excited!
L3000.gif

For those who are interested in buying them for a cheaper price, I got mine from an authorized seller on eBay for $105. The seller is scitscat.

By the way, the bass doesn't seem as strong as many people say it is...does that make me a basshead? =p  Or maybe it's that I've got the 2010 model and it just seems less emphasized?

Feb 8, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #553 of 1,431
Thanks for the advice guys. I tried something different though. I rotated the earcup around. I don't know how much of a difference that will make if any, but I felt stupid for not trying it before. Completely forgot they could do that.

Feb 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #554 of 1,431
I don't even see the M50s in their shop 
frown.gif
 do you have a link?

First time poster here. I just received my M50s in the mail yesterday and I'm listening to them at work as I'm writing this. They sound great! Granted, I don't think I know a single thing about what "good" audio sounds like, they sound good enough to me.

Playing them through my Macbook last night, they didn't seem very loud. However, I just tried listening to them on my Clip+ and iPod 4G today and they sound better. So happy and excited!
L3000.gif

For those who are interested in buying them for a cheaper price, I got mine from an authorized seller on eBay for $105. The seller is scitscat.

By the way, the bass doesn't seem as strong as many people say it is...does that make me a basshead? =p  Or maybe it's that I've got the 2010 model and it just seems less emphasized?

Feb 8, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #555 of 1,431

Oh no, they must've sold out. I guess you'll have to keep checking the listings to see when they'll put more up or maybe you can e-mail them to ask if they're selling more soon.

I just looked up their website for you and it says it's being sold for $105. You can try ordering through their website. Here's the link for the product. Good luck!

Edit: I also noticed that although the product listed in the link is for an M50 straight cable, the SKU says M50-coiled. Be sure to ask!

Quote:
I don't even see the M50s in their shop 
frown.gif
 do you have a link?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back