The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Feb 3, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #526 of 1,431
Who thinks the prices will go down later? I got some money for Chinese New Years 
biggrin.gif

Feb 3, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #528 of 1,431
Ooo I think you just chose my method of burn in for these.
beerchug.gif

Quote:
Quote:
we need to stop saying how good m50s are. so that the price can go down . I am sure seller are taking note of our forum .

Methinks you're correct. Anyways, I'm burning them in with an overnight play of Daft Punk's Voyager. See how it turns out tomorrow.

Feb 4, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #529 of 1,431

Quote:
Just got mine today.  Wow... these things sounds awesome right out of the box (again, coming from an HD 201).  Can't wait until the burn in more.

I got the coiled version, but now having some second thoughts about getting it versus the straight cable... 
confused_face.gif

Upgrading from HD202's here, they're coming in next thursday
can't wait :D

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #530 of 1,431
Just got mine back from RMA.
I don´t have any as much  static or distortion, in most of the files i played at least , the static i have must
be from my crappy card.
On onboard sound out of the box  these things sound quite good , you can hear every nuance.
In acoustic music you can hear the performer breath , the strings rustling thourgh his fingers , slight ambient noises.
They aren´t as loud as  tough  they would be  but i think they will be fine with 10 , 15% more volume

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #531 of 1,431
hey, semi-noob here, but does anyone know of a good place (cheap cheap cheap <I can barely pull off 130 with shipping included>) online that accepts paypal and sells the coiled cord version and ships to Canada? there was one ebay seller that fit this description and they said they'd be getting more in when I asked but that was 2 months ago now and I've been watching ebay like a hawk for those two months and until today no coiled versions popped up (the only one thats up now is 159.99+ shipping which sadly is out of my grasp, especially atm since I'm broke till payday on the 16th) and I want to pick up these babies asap they massively impress me from all the reviews and praise I've read about them and they're build strong which is a plus too.

so yeah, anyone know of a place where the price tag is about 130-140 after shipping on the coiled cable version that accepts paypal and ships to Canada?

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:42 PM Post #532 of 1,431

Quote:
hey, semi-noob here, but does anyone know of a good place (cheap cheap cheap <I can barely pull off 130 with shipping included>) online that accepts paypal and sells the coiled cord version and ships to Canada? there was one ebay seller that fit this description and they said they'd be getting more in when I asked but that was 2 months ago now and I've been watching ebay like a hawk for those two months and until today no coiled versions popped up (the only one thats up now is 159.99+ shipping which sadly is out of my grasp, especially atm since I'm broke till payday on the 16th) and I want to pick up these babies asap they massively impress me from all the reviews and praise I've read about them and they're build strong which is a plus too.

so yeah, anyone know of a place where the price tag is about 130-140 after shipping on the coiled cable version that accepts paypal and ships to Canada?

I got mine for 120 here on headfi, keep your eyes on the for sale forums.

Feb 4, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #533 of 1,431
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537822/audio-technica-ath-m50-mint

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM Post #536 of 1,431

Quote:
Quote:

I got mine for 120 here on headfi, keep your eyes on the for sale forums.

sadly this isn't an option for me as I'm unemployed and don't have a credit card thus unless someone would be open to sending cash directly from my bank to their email account for a pair it takes 2 weeks (yes you heard right, 2 WEEKS) for funds to go from my bank account to my paypal account, which also makes things like ebay and other sites very tedious and long/strung out.

Quote:
Quote:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537822/audio-technica-ath-m50-mint

those are only shippable within the US according the the poster, as I stated in the quote I'm looking for shipping to Canada, not the US.

Feb 4, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #537 of 1,431
@Voshra

Just be patient, I recently sold a BNIB M50sthrough headfi and shipped it to Canada. The shipping cost is relatively the same as in US but slightly more risky. It shouldn't be too difficult to find a seller if you are willing to pay slightly extra.

Feb 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #540 of 1,431
I thought the cable was heavy yes but you could always look for the straight cable version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back