The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Jan 30, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #481 of 1,431
I'd say they are about the same size if not smaller then the Studios.

Quote:
 How big are they? I heard they're really big O_o The only full-sized headphones I have tried recently are Beats Studio (SIBILANT) and some unnamed wireless headphones... how big is M50 compared to Beats Studio?

Jan 31, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #485 of 1,431
Nope, I ordered it straight from their site since they took Paypal and Amazon did not. You also get like Unique Pts which gives you discounts on future purchases so thats nice too. :)

Quote:
Awesome!  Convinced my roommate to get some nicer headphones and he got the M50's from uniquesquared as well...Amazon deal?

Quote:
I just ordered my pair of M50s from uniquesquared. I can't wait

Jan 31, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #486 of 1,431
Ok, bit the bullet and got a coiled pair from an ebay seller, maximumvelocitysales. Hope it's worth it and don't get buyer's remorse.
Most I spent on headphones ever! (Last one I bought was an HD201).

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #488 of 1,431

Quote:
How much are these running now? I can't seem to find any less than $159.

Your a tad late... half a day late haha
But im sure they will be up somewhere on another site in the next few days.
Just keep checking back on this thread. Im sure there will be news on cheap M50S again.

Jan 31, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #489 of 1,431

Quote:
Quote:
How much are these running now? I can't seem to find any less than $159.

Your a tad late... half a day late haha
But im sure they will be up somewhere on another site in the next few days.
Just keep checking back on this thread. Im sure there will be news on cheap M50S again.

Figures I'd be late. Problem is, I'm shopping for my birthday present and my wife hates it when I buy the gift myself but if it's one of those "gotta get it now!" things, I'll never be able to time it right.

Feb 1, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #490 of 1,431

Quote:
Ok, bit the bullet and got a coiled pair from an ebay seller, maximumvelocitysales. Hope it's worth it and don't get buyer's remorse.

Just thought I'd chime in on your post. After doing a lot of research on prices, I found that ebay seller to be one of the cheapest. After reviewing some of the auctions, I found that they will take a best offer of $105 shipped. However, there are occasional auctions where there is a buy it now price of $99 if you can find them.  The headphones come from Streamline Audio Video which is an authorized Audio Technica dealer. I ordered mine on the 26th and got it on the 29th (Shipped from Seattle to Arkansas via Priority Mail). Still pretty new to the audiophile world. I have some noise canceling Audio Technica's (now I know how the community feels about sound quality and active noise canceling, doh) and TripleFi 10 iem's. Loving the M50 so far though!

Feb 1, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #491 of 1,431

Just thought I'd chime in on your post. After doing a lot of research on prices, I found that ebay seller to be one of the cheapest. After reviewing some of the auctions, I found that they will take a best offer of $105 shipped. However, there are occasional auctions where there is a buy it now price of $99 if you can find them.  The headphones come from Streamline Audio Video which is an authorized Audio Technica dealer. I ordered mine on the 26th and got it on the 29th (Shipped from Seattle to Arkansas via Priority Mail). Still pretty new to the audiophile world. I have some noise canceling Audio Technica's (now I know how the community feels about sound quality and active noise canceling, doh) and TripleFi 10 iem's. Loving the M50 so far though!

Care to chime in with your thoughts on how all your headphones compare? I have owned the M50's, SRH840's and TMA-1's, as well as Beats Studio from before I knew of headfi. I am also going to a new headphone place soon that opened up near me to try out some other headphones. I plan to post all my thoughts on the pros and cons of all the headphones once I've thought about it enough.

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #492 of 1,431
That's good the know that I got a legit seller. I was worried after reading stories of fakes on ebay.

Quote:

Quote:

Feb 1, 2011 at 3:50 PM Post #493 of 1,431
I just called Unique Squared and they told me my order was back ordered so I got a full refund and just ordered from maximumvelocity on eBay. I'll keep you updated :)

Quote:
That's good the know that I got a legit seller. I was worried after reading stories of fakes on ebay.

Quote:

Quote:

Feb 1, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #494 of 1,431
have a link to the m50 sold by maximumvelocitysales ?

nevermind, found it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back