The Audio Technica M50 studio monitor thread
Jun 17, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #76 of 1,431
It was answered in this thread:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/491505/i-pulled-out-the-strain-relief-on-my-m50

Btw, it was the 4th result in the search results. You might want to try that thing on top of the page. It works :wink:

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #82 of 1,431

Quote:

I understand that you probably really like the M50's, but why the blue heck did you bump every single MT50 thread on this forum? You didn't contribute any sort of useful information and simply spammed a random comment in each thread.

I don't think I bumped every M50 thread (MT50?), that is an exaggeration, a hyperbole if you will.

You are not entirely correct.  I do like the M50s and said so in most of the threads, that serves as a testament to my opinion on the phones for their price.

Man, some people are so stingy.  I get in trouble for making new threads.  Then when I search and read old threads like I'm told I get into trouble for commenting on them...

Thanks PANGES, you sure know how to make someone feel great.

For PANGES (useful information):
I think the M50s are very balanced phones (most balanced out of all those I own).  The bass and highs are really good, although they are a bit recessed in the mids.  Doesn't matter, great phones for electronic and techno and bass heavy stuff like bass music or hip hop or rap among others.

EDIT: Also, why get mad at me?  I didn't create all the threads, they should have all been in one thread that way I could've only commented once.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #83 of 1,431
Quote:

EDIT: Also, why get mad at me?  I didn't create all the threads, they should have all been in one thread that way I could've only commented once.

lol. My comment came off pretty angry, but i'm not angry. Just wondering why you commented a random "enjoy the phones" or whatever in every single thread (my guess is that you just received a pair of M50's and are really REALLY excited about them).

The reason it caught my attention is because I'm actually subscribed to almost every M50 thread you posted in (which is probably my fault, since I should unsubscribe to them if I don't want emails from them), and my email box got a large influx of M50 emails, which seemed odd, but it ended up just being because you posted a random (not really random) comment in all those threads. lol.

For what it's worth, I do apologize if what I said in any way ruined your day. I just had a "What" momment when I saw you post in 15 different M50 threads today. lol. But it really wasn't my intention to make you feel bad.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #84 of 1,431
They actually are pretty "high in fidelity". They have a lot less shortcomings that a lot of much higher priced phones. You see in my sig what I have and had, and of I could only keep one, it would be the M50!

Quote:
I'm absolutely in love with these.  I know that they aren't the highest in fidelity.  But they are definitely a sound signature I love.  I have them paired with a udac or fuze with a pa2v2 and I love how effortless the music just flows out of them.  I think I'm done for a while.  I'm at a point that I want to be.  They remind me of a more refined ksc75.  The bass is good but I enjoy the treble on these cans a lot. 

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:39 PM Post #85 of 1,431

Quote:
They actually are pretty "high in fidelity". They have a lot less shortcomings that a lot of much higher priced phones. You see in my sig what I have and had, and of I could only keep one, it would be the M50!

Well put. Being that I'm down to two cans currently, I'm beginning to feel the same way. If I had to chose between these and the DT880's... tough choice.

Jun 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #86 of 1,431
Yeah, that would be tough. I loved those 880's. If I didn't listen to so many genres of music I would have kept the 880 and sold my 580. If I ever re-buy any of my old phones it would the 880/600 and probably the MS1.

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:57 AM Post #87 of 1,431
Yeah, well... If I do get rid of the DT880's, I'm getting the LCD-2 
L3000.gif

Or... maybe the HD650 first.

But I'm holding on to the M50's with all I've got!! Best all-rounders I know, and that's no slight.
wink_face.gif

shane

Jun 29, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #88 of 1,431

Quote:
Quote:

lol. My comment came off pretty angry, but i'm not angry. Just wondering why you commented a random "enjoy the phones" or whatever in every single thread (my guess is that you just received a pair of M50's and are really REALLY excited about them).

The reason it caught my attention is because I'm actually subscribed to almost every M50 thread you posted in (which is probably my fault, since I should unsubscribe to them if I don't want emails from them), and my email box got a large influx of M50 emails, which seemed odd, but it ended up just being because you posted a random (not really random) comment in all those threads. lol.

For what it's worth, I do apologize if what I said in any way ruined your day. I just had a "What" momment when I saw you post in 15 different M50 threads today. lol. But it really wasn't my intention to make you feel bad.

Ha okay well I'm sorry for coming off all bitter there.

I actually am new and got the M50s and AD700s and MS1 and am quite happy with all of them.  But I heard M50 is going out of production (not sure if it is true) so I kinda bumped all the threads I could to get more new people here to get them before they're gone.  I thought maybe with so many M50 threads in the recent activity that would give them a clue of how awesome they are for the money.

Alright well I'm better now, and thanks for clearing things up.  Anyways.  Long live the M50s!

And sorry for what seemed like spam!  Haha 15...  LOL.

Jun 29, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #90 of 1,431

Quote:
If it does go out of production I wonder what the replacement would be?  Good to see another m50 fan in the metroplex!

Aren't Shure products compared to the M50 a bunch?  And same to you skozsert!

Doesn't seem true ("with a grain of salt") but you can never be sure...
Quote (from another thread):
Reprobate said:

Nice price! I just got back from Guitar Center and they matched the $104 price from Geartree. The employee there called up to the Hollywood store to get a new one in a box shipped to my local store and while on the phone he was informed that the M50 isn't going to be in production any longer. Of course you can take that information with a grain of salt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back