The Audio Technica ATH-M50 vs UE Triple Fi 10
Aug 14, 2012 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lofthanza

100+ Head-Fier
Dear all,

Could you please help me decide between these two concerning sound quality? Which do you enjoy more in listening? Which ones are crisp with more lovely sound for casual listening at home through ipod or laptop? " For me i still can use the Fiio 6 if that helps any of them in any way.. I have never had or listened to good earphones in my life, except for the klipsch image s4 ~I own them for a year~ and the Yamaha eph-100 ~ they are being shipped to me at the moment. Now I am trying to look for an upgrade.. What matters to me in my new upgrade is sound quality and nothing else..
Plz help me
Thanks!

Aug 15, 2012 at 1:29 AM Post #2 of 13
I personally liked the TF10 more than the M50. I felt like the TF10's were more detailed. Fit-wise, they both seem to have issues for most people... the TF10's just have a tough time fitting certain ears, while the M50's pads tend to make my ears really hot and uncomfortable. Not to mention they're a bit on the heavy side compared to my other headphones.

It's been a while since I've owned the M50's so someone else can probably chime in better than I.

Aug 15, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #4 of 13
x2 on what Panges said. The TF10 sounds less veiled than the M50. Both are good all-rounders, but the TF10 can keep up a faster pace and is much better at rock. It's much more sensitive as well - my Clip+ drives them easily, but struggles a bit with the M50.

In my opinion, the M50 is a good entry level audiophile headphone, but the TF10 is a legitimate top tier iem. I sold my M50 as soon as I got an HD 580, but still use a Lune recabled TF10 as my daily commuter even with an IE80 and ER4P in my collection.

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:
Well I've got much better isolation than you. With better isolation you may listen at lower volumes which lets you make out better detail in the music.

I respect the people who wear you in public. The fact that there's something long and blue sticking out one's ear is more than enough to make people's head turn.

But in all seriousness though, sound-wise there's not that much difference between us. We're both V-shaped, and are relatively affordable depending where you get us from. I guess this just boils down to your preference, whether you want a good IEM or a good headphone. 
smile.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

I respect the people who wear you in public. The fact that there's something long and blue sticking out one's ear is more than enough to make people's head turn.

But in all seriousness though, sound-wise there's not that much difference between us. We're both V-shaped, and are relatively affordable depending where you get us from. I guess this just boils down to your preference, whether you want a good IEM or a good headphone. 
smile.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 16, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:
x2 on what Panges said. The TF10 sounds less veiled than the M50. Both are good all-rounders, but the TF10 can keep up a faster pace and is much better at rock. It's much more sensitive as well - my Clip+ drives them easily, but struggles a bit with the M50.

In my opinion, the M50 is a good entry level audiophile headphone, but the TF10 is a legitimate top tier iem. I sold my M50 as soon as I got an HD 580, but still use a Lune recabled TF10 as my daily commuter even with an IE80 and ER4P in my collection.

Yes, mostly I'm listening to Rock Metal music and Acoustic live music, so IEM is the way to go for me.

I own UE700 and so far I'm very happy with it, apart from the cable construction is weak and almost ripped apart now due to heavy commuting use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back