the argument against dbt
Jan 8, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #47 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Antony6555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To those against dbt: Are you also against dbt in scientific studies? For example, pharmaceutical studies?

X2. DBT is the only acceptable method for making a quantitative statement in empirical science. In my field (neuroscience), these are statements that can have life- and death consequences, so everything must be done to eliminate spurious results, and no unfounded claims can be made, let alone accepted. As I mentioned in another post, I work in a lab run by the editor-in-chief of a major scientific journal, and submitted manuscripts that do not use DBT (where possible) are simply rejected without review.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:28 PM Post #48 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by A_Dying_Wren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about the reverse point of view? For the vast majority of us who don't live in the rarefied peaks of multi-thousand dollar cables it actually does come at some relief to know we're not really missing out on that much. Relief possibly in the sense of there actually being an end to upgraditis

Well, if you're waiting for someone to conclusively show that a cable makes an actual audible difference outside of making a really BAD cable, don't hold your breath. Been waiting some 30 years for that now.

se

Jan 21, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #49 of 49
After so many years reading arguments in HF, I learned to let go of some topics..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back