The Arcam DiVA CD73t Review
Apr 23, 2004 at 2:34 AM Post #16 of 22
XAIPEMW,

Congratulations on your new Arcam DiVA CD73t! I very much enjoyed reading your impressions and it seems you've got yourself a fantastic player there!

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

P.S.: Regarding transport noise, my Rega Planet 2000 makes a very faint sound that can only be heard from inches away. From the sofa 7 feet away I can't hear anything at all.

Apr 23, 2004 at 2:57 AM Post #17 of 22
I paid $700 for my player, plus sales tax. There isn't the internet competition that, let's say Cambridge Audio has, so there usually isn't any deal for a new Arcam. But I'm ok with that, as I think this player is easily worth this much if not WAY more.

In regard to detail, let me say this: it wasn't as detailed as the Rotel 1072--that one was the most detailed of all. Yet it had a very "Hi-Fi" sound, very cold almost. The CD73 is warmer than the Rotel but still has great treble extension and detail. To me, it just sounds more like the music I like.

PS

I don't understand this, but for the first time I am not receiving email alerts of replies to this message. I have always in the past, and the preferences are set correctly in my User CP. Mods... what's going on?
confused.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #19 of 22
Xaipemw,

Quote:

Originally Posted by xaipemw
In regard to detail, let me say this: it wasn't as detailed as the Rotel 1072--that one was the most detailed of all. Yet it had a very "Hi-Fi" sound, very cold almost. The CD73 is warmer than the Rotel but still has great treble extension and detail. To me, it just sounds more like the music I like.

I can identify with that. I like it detailed but I much prefer "musical" over "analytical". Too much cold detail ruins the performance IMHO. Of course, other headfiers mileage may vary.

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

Apr 23, 2004 at 9:38 PM Post #20 of 22
Let me add my thanks to the many others from out there. I, too, am debating about the Arcam, Rotel, or the newish Sony ES SACD/DVD 5 Disk changer. At this point the Arcam is a close third on the list, but I HAVE always liked the "musicality", if you will, of Arcam products in general compared to what I find to be a more cool-sounding (but still high-quality) sound of Rotel equipment. Probably the biggest thing going against Arcam's equipment, including the CD player in question, is the seemingly lower bang-for-the-buck one gets when walking out with the new equipment. But, hey, thanks again for the tips.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 25, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #22 of 22
eyeteeth said:
It is no longer a warm player. It's much more dynamic and detailed with a bigger, deeper soundstage but this is a mixed blessing with so many recordings being on the bright side. QUOTE]

I agree, all Arcams sound rather punchy with a big soundstage, but some recordings can indeed sound a bit bright.

Nietzsche

Users who are viewing this thread

Back