The all-purpose ultracapacitor-powered Vinnie Rossi LIO
Dec 6, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 28
This amp sounds incredibly interesting. I am looking for an amp to drive my LCD-XCs or a pair of ProAc speakers in my office. This looks to fit the bill perfectly and will be immune to the bad AC that is in my office. I am using an exaSound e22 DAC and really love it, so would be very interested in the comparison of this and the built-in DAC within the LIO. The 30 money-back trial period is a great benefit to the customer.

Vinnie...you may have a new customer soon! :D

Dec 6, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #17 of 28
This amp sounds incredibly interesting. I am looking for an amp to drive my LCD-XCs or a pair of ProAc speakers in my office. This looks to fit the bill perfectly and will be immune to the bad AC that is in my office. I am using an exaSound e22 DAC and really love it, so would be very interested in the comparison of this and the built-in DAC within the LIO. The 30 money-back trial period is a great benefit to the customer.

Vinnie...you may have a new customer soon!
biggrin.gif

Hi 4N6,

The LIO with HPA module does a very nice job with ALL the Audeze's that I've tried it with (which is ALL of them so far!), and the MOSFET output module will be great with your ProAcs.  

Feeling LIO with terrible AC power does not hurt the sound in any way, and paying thousands of $$$ on the best power conditioners will NOT improve the sound in any way.  

If you ever decide to try the LIO, try the LIO DSD/PCM dac and compare to your e22.  You be the judge if it is worth its price.  If not, you can easily just return the LIO dac module (or even the entire LIO if you don't fall in love with it). 

Finally - parts are coming in and we hope to be building in a few weeks!  I am very thankful for all the pre-orders we have received, as well as an overwhelming interest from reviewers all over the world!  

Once we are well into production, I'll be posting new videos and photoshoots that go into more detail about the different aspects of LIO.  There is so much to come!

And there is one more thread on headfi about LIO so far, with some more detail herel:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/742354/vinnie-rossi-lio-ultracapacitor-powered-modular-hi-fi-system-is-here

Thank you,

Vinnie

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 28
Vinnie congrats, really promising product, I wish I would have know about your product before contributing to LH labs crowdfunding marathon. Cant wait to hear initial impressions. I am looking for an all in one solution for my desktop to avoid clutter.  This sounds like the perfect solution. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #19 of 28
  Vinnie congrats, really promising product, I wish I would have know about your product before contributing to LH labs crowdfunding marathon. Cant wait to hear initial impressions. I am looking for an all in one solution for my desktop to avoid clutter.  This sounds like the perfect solution. 

Hi Maelob,

Thank you!  

We are now in production and building pre-orders and review units (I have a thread on the Headfi Sponsor Forum with some new pics).  This weekend we have been at a professional photo and video shoot, so in a couple weeks there will be really nice pics and video of the production version of LIO.

More soon...

Vinnie

May 15, 2016 at 10:34 PM Post #20 of 28
I got my LIO this week and I'm totally in love with it.  It's truly amazing IMO!

I have:
Silver AVC/Tubestage
Mosfet Amp
Headphone Amp
DSD Dac w/µRendu Power Option

May 17, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 28
Thanks!  It's an AMAZING piece!

Jun 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #23 of 28
Some pictures...

Jun 12, 2016 at 7:33 PM Post #25 of 28
Aug 18, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #28 of 28
Well, I was so damn impressed with my Silver AVC/Tubestage that instead of upgrading to the DHT I just decided to purchase another LIO but this time with the DHT.  How does it sound?  F'n amazing!  It does EVERYTHING right.  It's simply that good.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back