The ALL NEW Hifiman HE1000 "The Can that Can" sans Rolex Thread
Apr 3, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #48 of 63
Well just consider it a sacrificial thread, at least we got another.

anyone know why the original was locked, no explanation (to my knowledge)

conversation got off topic to rolexes.

Apr 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM Post #50 of 63
The fun part is we all know about build quality. If anyone has owned Hi/Fi Man products knows they only last 6 months tops with regular use. I can just see the threads now, with folks complaining how their $3000 headphones broke right away.:D

Apr 4, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #51 of 63
I can't wait until the on topic will be released......  
gs1000.gif

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #52 of 63
Its interesting to note that Magico are using Graphene in its latest diaphragms, totally silly price of course.

Back in Can Country the comments about the HE1000 are very interesting, is this going to be the best all rounder? I wasn't expecting Stax illing traits, only thing I had in mind was Abyss killing Bass, but its getting harder for myself to justify an Abyss purchase, even if it has the edge in bass, I was expecting HE1000 to better the Abyss in the HF range though.
Still there are some real ground breaking Cans out there so perhaps the contest for the best is not over yet!
Must say I'm disappointed with comments about the Yggdrasil I thought that would be a real contender for the best DAC.
I've got to add that buying something because its "The Best" has never really paid off for myself.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #53 of 63
The HE-1000 seems to be on par with the Stax SR-009, perhaps slightly better or worse according to some.

Depending on the amps and tubes being run in each system. even then - YMMV.

The Yggdrasil needed to be on for at least 4 days to start showing it's best according to purrin.

Apr 4, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #54 of 63
  Its interesting to note that Magico are using Graphene in its latest diaphragms, totally silly price of course.
... I've got to add that buying something because its "The Best" has never really paid off for myself.

"The Best" can relate to spec numbers only.
As soon as it comes to sound you have to always consider the total context. To get the same impression as someone who awards "The Best" you will have to have the exact same set up the exact same music preference and the same ears. As at least the latter is impossible ....
wink.gif
. What ever piece of equipment you buy, it needs to sound good in your system and enhance the qualities you cherish when listening to your favorite music. You will usually live with the equipment for quite a while. The someone from above has a fast turnover and the "Next Best Thing" is not around the corner, it has already shipped. Enjoy what you like and not what others like or others think about your taste.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:49 AM Post #56 of 63
  The HE-1000 seems to be on par with the Stax SR-009, perhaps slightly better or worse according to some.

Depending on the amps and tubes being run in each system. even then - YMMV.

The Yggdrasil needed to be on for at least 4 days to start showing it's best according to purrin.

why does it need 4 days? lol. just curious the explanation.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #57 of 63
Seems that the DAC needs that long, or more to do it's magic thing according to purrin and Baldr.

It's also said that Black Gate capacitors need over 1,000 hours to get to their best due to the way they are constructed.

With resistors and electronics people say that it gives the components time to settle in.

I know with televisions,  when I used to repair them, that if one part failed then usually anothe part/s would fail due within a few weeks due to the changed operating conditions.

Sounds funny, but it was petty reliable with old tv's.

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #58 of 63
  Seems that the DAC needs that long, or more to do it's magic thing according to purrin and Baldr.

@purrin & @Baldr , why does the yggy need 4 days to sound best?? what's this magic thing that winky is referring to? :) thanks

Apr 4, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #60 of 63
It's been documented in other threads..

link please? thank you! :)

edit: just to clarify, im looking for the reasoning behind the 4 day number, not just that it does sound better after x days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back