The ALL NEW Hifiman HE1000 "The Can that Can" sans Rolex Thread
Mar 26, 2015 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 63

fastphones

New Head-Fier
Deluxe Ultra Magical Binaural Oxygen-free cable sounds much more appropiate.

Sorry had to start a new thread. How about:

Deluxe Ultra Magical Bonded Arrayed Silver Symmetry

The HE1000 looks like an Abyss Eater, I'd be very happy if this is how it turns out, gotta match it with a stellar DAC and Amp, the funs about to begin!

Mar 26, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 63
I'm still awaiting the detailed reviews to come marching in like a tide of army ants to a picnic basket.

All the hype by the popcorn gallery in the other thread wasn't helping anything.

All the rubbish about the proposed price has finally died down with the revelation being finally made. and the consequential mass exodus of posters who went west with the announcement.

All that remains is for the hype train to be re-railed and pressured up awaiting the actual reports from actual auduitioners of the actual market version.

Mar 28, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #3 of 63
I'm still awaiting the detailed reviews to come marching in like a tide of army ants to a picnic basket.

All the hype by the popcorn gallery in the other thread wasn't helping anything.

All the rubbish about the proposed price has finally died down with the revelation being finally made. and the consequential mass exodus of posters who went west with the announcement.

All that remains is for the hype train to be re-railed and pressured up awaiting the actual reports from actual auduitioners of the actual market version.

I totally agree with all you say,never did intend to be an early adopter, let production settle down first. Also i'm working on a new active speaker system which is also draining my resources, plus I have my AT ATH-AD2000 which is a remarkable very satisfying Can, my first headphone back in the 70s was a Yamaha HP3 Orthodynamic, wish I'd kept them, I loaned them with an Aiwa Cassette Deck to a guy, never saw either again! Live and learn!.
To regenerate some hype(????) I'm wonderin what DAC and Amp works well with the HE1000, the Cavalli Liquid Carbon certainly seems interesting, Yggdrasil too, but what about Hugo TT (Expensive!)

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #6 of 63
Does anyone know if the HE1K is going to come with balanced and/or single-ended cables?

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #7 of 63
Mar 28, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #8 of 63
Mar 28, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #10 of 63
Didn't realize the thread had been locked and moved, was about to post an important update...

giphy.gif

Mar 28, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 63

I got 2 sit downs with the HE-1000 today at CanJam.  As someone noted, the musical selection was curious, but I did find some Talking Heads and a few tracks which gave me some perspective.  

Simply stunning.  The only headphone that compares fairly is the Stax 009, to my ears.  I'm not sure which one is better, but I can tell you it's the HE-1000 which I will be buying.  All the glory of the Stax without the need for a $5000 dollar amp.  Yes, Please.

It's like an audio assault.  Sound is coming at you from every angle.  It's truly a sensation.  The closest thing to having my head plugged into a sound board.  Yet specially, the soundstage extends forever. 

Loads of bass without any bloat.  Incredibly full, the deep notes envelop your head.  

The Stax might have a slight edge on detail, but it's pretty much a pick-em in every category.  I can't rave about this headphone enough.  Count me in on selling my HD800.  Can't wait to get this one home.  I predict the HE-1000 will be debated as the best headphone on the planet for the next several years.  It's that good.

Mar 28, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #14 of 63
Anyone hear them with the Chord Hugo? Does the Hugo do these headphones justice?

I hooked up the HE-1000 to my Hugo Chord at CanJam earlier today. Simply Wow!!!!!! I loved them so much, I listened to them three separate times. Even hooked up to an iPod touch , listening to a broad range of recorded music, ranging from 256 k to lossless, it sounded unbelievable. I will definitely be buying these headphones when they release. What an unbelievable combo! The chord ran these headphones without any issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back