The album/CD/song that made you cry....
May 4, 2003 at 2:45 AM Post #107 of 118
The most beautiful song I've ever heard is the last track on the Hannibal Soundtrack, called "Vide Cor Meum."

It's from the outside opera scene in the movie. It's not from a real opera, unfortunately, just made for the movie. It's a great recording and sounds good with cans or speakers.

Other than that, the venerable "Adagio for Strings" by Barber comes in second on my list.

Strings seem good at making people cry.

May 4, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #108 of 118
lisa gerrard's - the unfolding, shadow magnet -
lisa gerrard on the gladiator soundtrack -- sorrow
dead can dance - Host of the Seraphim

pink floyd, shine on you crazy diamond first six and half minutes .. wish you were here...

bob marley - redemption song

May 4, 2003 at 3:17 AM Post #109 of 118
Harry Chapin - Cat's in the Cradle

Kiss - Beth (reminds me of my former fiancee who was murdered by the man she left me for - this was her name and favorite song - not a good cry, but they say that time heals all wounds - we'll see)

May 4, 2003 at 5:13 AM Post #111 of 118
The Beatles' "Free As A Bird" got me to have tears welling up in my eyes today....while I was shopping at Banana Republic. I actually stopped everything, stood underneath the Cambridge Soundworks speaker that BP was using, and listened, really listened, to the whole song. This is the first time I listened to the song since George Harrison's passing. When this song came out, it was such a sad song already (to me anyway). Today, it hit me really hard, especially during George's slide guitar solo. I really don't know what happened today. Geez, I hope no one noticed....

Another one is Dire Straits' "Romeo and Juliet".

May 4, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #112 of 118
the cure - faith, disintegration, from the edge of the deep green sea, siamese twins, how beautiful you are

the the - bluer than midnight

lisa gerrard - sanvean (i am your shadow)

codeine - loss leader (reminds me of my dog
frown.gif
)

skinny puppy - love in vein, amnesia

sugar - the slim

the tear garden - a ship named despair, in search of my rose

gary jules - mad world (from the donnie darko soundtrack)

if anyone what the music is played during donnie darko in the theatre when he is talking to frank, please pm me or let me know somehow!

May 4, 2003 at 9:51 AM Post #113 of 118
buffalo springfield - sad memory and expecting to fly
can never sit through the whole song without shedding one tear.

May 6, 2003 at 4:19 AM Post #115 of 118
first of all, i too love and cherish the perks of being a wallflower, it hits me where it hurts.

songs... there are so many that touch me:

apocalyptica - conclusion
coldplay - such a ruch (cause its so true, we are all in such a rush to get nowhere)
and parachute
something corporate - konstantine
POD - youth of the nation
lynard skynard - simple man
alot of dashboard confessional
chris deburgh - lady in red
Eric Clapton - I get lost
neville brothers - a change is gonna come (aaron neville's brother is amazing)

and others

this thread is excelent, only in this forum could such a thing exist.

May 7, 2003 at 1:12 AM Post #116 of 118
Off of Clapton's Unplugged CD

tears in heaven

On 20 March 1991 at

11 a.m., four-and-a-half-year-old Conor Clapton died when he fell from a 53rd-story window in a New York City apartment. He landed on the roof of an adjacent four-story building.

Conor was in the custody of his mother, Italian actress Lori Del Santo, and they were staying in the apartment during a visit to New

York from Italy. The boy's father, Eric Clapton, was also in New York (his permanent home is in Surrey, England) and was staying at a nearby hotel at the time of the tragedy. Clapton and Del Santo never wed. (Eric was married to Pattie Boyd, George Harrison's former wife, at the time of Conor's August 1986 birth). Clapton has another child, Ruth Kelly, born in January, 1985, to Yvonne Khan Kelly (also during Clapton's marriage to Boyd).

The death of Conor Clapton was one of those accidents that seem so preventable with hindsight yet aren't imaginable until they happen. The housekeeper had just finished cleaning the window and left it open to air the room when Conor ran past him and fell out the 4-by-6 opening. By law, New York City apartments must have window guards installed on every window in all residential buildings with three or more tenants, but a 1984 ruling exempted condominiums from this regulation, placing the onus upon the owners of such units to install such safety devices. The apartment Del Santos and her son were staying in was a condo unit, thus the window Conor fell through lacked a guard. The death of his son had a deep impact on Eric Clapton. For nine months the grieving father concentrated on coming to terms with his loss rather than on performing. When he returned to the stage, his music had changed, becoming softer, more powerful, and more reflective. "Tears in Heaven" (composed by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings) was Clapton's way of pouring his grief and growing acceptance of Conor's loss into his music. The song was created for the 1991 film Rush, but in truth it was always about Conor -- whatever Clapton was feeling was bound to come out in whatever he wrote. At the 1993 Grammy Awards, Clapton's recording of "Tears in Heaven" won the award for Best Pop Vocal Performance (Male Category), garnered Song of the Year honors for Clapton, and helped propel his "Unplugged" album into the Best Male Rock Vocal Performance spot and the winner's circle for the coveted Album of the Year prize.

(HEH, i didn't write that, URL=http://www.snopes.com/music/songs/tears.htm]Snopes did[/URL]

_Yuki

Users who are viewing this thread

Back