The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Aug 18, 2015 at 6:04 PM Post #2,852 of 4,580
Once all the current stock is gone I don't think they'll produce and sell any more of these. That would defeat the purpose of the limited edition tag.

Why would Massdrop care what that "limited edition tag" means to you if they can sell more? LOL

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #2,853 of 4,580
Why would Massdrop care what that "limited edition tag" means to you if they can sell more? LOL

After reading the Massdrop K7XX web portal it is AKG and not Massdrop who would make any final decision about whether or not more are manufactured and sold off.

Yes your right Massdrop probably wouldn't care but AKG might.

Aug 18, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #2,854 of 4,580
After reading the Massdrop K7XX web portal it is AKG and not Massdrop who would make any final decision about whether or not more are manufactured and sold off.

Yes your right Massdrop probably wouldn't care but AKG might.

I doubt it. If they can keep selling them and making a profit, I'm sure Harman International will.

Aug 18, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #2,855 of 4,580
I doubt it. If they can keep selling them and making a profit, I'm sure Harman International will.

I don't see why not, they will probably just take off the limited edition stamp and make it a home stay of the Line-Up. If they ever offer it outside of Massdrop i'm sure the price will increase substantially too though.

Aug 19, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #2,856 of 4,580
I don't see why not, they will probably just take off the limited edition stamp and make it a home stay of the Line-Up. If they ever offer it outside of Massdrop i'm sure the price will increase substantially too though.

They kept the K518 limited edition around a long time. Amazon shows it as first being for sale in 2009, and AKG still has it listed on their website. So who knows if the name will change?

But yeah. Why would Harman stop selling it if it is a popular headphone? I don't think they should. I think lots of more people should get the opportunity to buy it :D

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #2,857 of 4,580
They kept the K518 limited edition around a long time. Amazon shows it as first being for sale in 2009, and AKG still has it listed on their website. So who knows if the name will change?

But yeah. Why would Harman stop selling it if it is a popular headphone? I don't think they should. I think lots of more people should get the opportunity to buy it
biggrin.gif

What you're really saying is the corporate mentality (making $$'s etc.) at Harman will take over sooner or later? 
wink.gif

Aug 19, 2015 at 1:19 AM Post #2,858 of 4,580
What you're really saying is the corporate mentality (making $$'s etc.) at Harman will take over sooner or later? :wink:

I have no idea what you mean. It's a corporation. What mentality do you think it has right now? (lol)

Aug 22, 2015 at 7:20 PM Post #2,859 of 4,580
*sigh* was listening to a song today and noticed a sound in my right ear cup all a sudden, doing bass sweeps and some other songs seems like I got that issue everyone else had, guess I never noticed it before :frowning2:

Who do I contact about this.

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #2,860 of 4,580
  *sigh* was listening to a song today and noticed a sound in my right ear cup all a sudden, doing bass sweeps and some other songs seems like I got that issue everyone else had, guess I never noticed it before :frowning2:

Are you talking about the "rattle" noise? And if so, is this occurring in all of the K7XX headphones or just some? I'm wondering how many other people here have had this issue (or any other noise/sound issues in the ear cups). And I would also like to know who to contact if my HPs have this issue (perhaps AKG? Massdrop?).

...hmmm, starting to get a lil nervous as I await delivery! 
eek.gif

Aug 23, 2015 at 10:19 PM Post #2,861 of 4,580
Are you talking about the "rattle" noise? And if so, is this occurring in all of the K7XX headphones or just some? I'm wondering how many other people here have had this issue (or any other noise/sound issues in the ear cups). And I would also like to know who to contact if my HPs have this issue (perhaps AKG? Massdrop?).

...hmmm, starting to get a lil nervous as I await delivery! :eek:  

Mine is still 120% a-ok even after using it for months and failing a balanced mod on it!

Aug 24, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #2,862 of 4,580

Try removing the earpad of the affected side (twist it clockwise) and you'll see the diaphragm of the driver.
Check for and remove any dust/debris on it, by blowing gently on it.
That fixed the rattle issue for me.

If it still occurs, contact massdrop. They'll aid you through the RMA process.

Aug 24, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #2,863 of 4,580

...hmmm, starting to get a lil nervous as I await delivery! 
eek.gif

Oh if you're this late in the game getting them the chances of you having the issue are much more slim. I was one of the early ones (#4001)

Try removing the earpad of the affected side (twist it clockwise) and you'll see the diaphragm of the driver.
Check for and remove any dust/debris on it, by blowing gently on it.
That fixed the rattle issue for me.

If it still occurs, contact massdrop. They'll aid you through the RMA process.

Uh....what part am I twisting and where does it separate off of.

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #2,864 of 4,580

Just grip the earpads (the foam/velour cushions that go on your ears) and twist, and it should detach (the earpad comes off).
Then just examine the diaphragm (the white thing) and see if any wires is touching it/dust.

Aug 24, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #2,865 of 4,580

Just grip the earpads (the foam/velour cushions that go on your ears) and twist, and it should detach (the earpad comes off).
Then just examine the diaphragm (the white thing) and see if any wires is touching it/dust.

-.-   it's counter clockwise -.-

what's the purpose of that circle piece of foam on the inside? I took them out and it kinda seems to let the highs flow better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back