The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Dec 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #467 of 4,580
After all the cancellations and changes in their algorithms, I landed as the 264th participant, just squeaking into the 300 serial number guarantee.

Nice! I landed as 2394 or so, but still got into the mid-December shipping 
biggrin.gif
 I would've loved the serial though...

Anybody know if mid-December means something like the 15th or more like the 25th (for christmas)? I'd love to get it in 2 weeks or even earlier...

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #468 of 4,580
After all the cancellations and changes in their algorithms, I landed as the 264th participant, just squeaking into the 300 serial number guarantee.

I believe only the first 250 get that guarantee.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #469 of 4,580
At first my bank denied the charge from Massdrop for the KXX, hopefully it is now resolved.
Anyone else have that issue?

Dec 2, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #475 of 4,580
Looks like my second try at payment worked and the charge when through,
It lists me as participant 1953, but delivery date mid Feb.
Hopefully the "mid-Feb" is just something that Massdrop never bothered to update to reflect actual listing.

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:18 PM Post #476 of 4,580
  Looks like my second try at payment worked and the charge when through,
It lists me as participant 1953, but delivery date mid Feb.
Hopefully the "mid-Feb" is just something that Massdrop never bothered to update to reflect actual listing.

What did it say when you joined the drop, mid-December or February?  Either way I'd contact them to make sure it's corrected.

Dec 2, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #477 of 4,580

What did it say when you joined the drop, mid-December or February?  Either way I'd contact them to make sure it's corrected.

When I first joined the drop it listed February delivery, count was up to around 2200, but I'm guessing a number of people who joined before me, maybe changed their mind or their method of payment did not work.
I would assume the people behind Massdrop would assume there are going to be payment issues and some joiners are going to be dropped.
So I'm assuming I got kicked higher up the list to 1953, under the 2000 cutoff.
Because they tried to charge my credit card yesterday, I would assume it's for Dec delivery.
And the 2000 limit might not be a firm limit?

If it turns out my delivery is mid Feb, I might call the credit card company before the 30 day period and dispute the charge.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:34 PM Post #478 of 4,580
Yes. Kinda sucks if Massdrop does charge the late shipment now to your card. One thing I have learned with Massdrop is patience. You definitely do not get the immediate satisfaction of your purchase coming in a few days. Weeks is usually de rigeur.

Dec 2, 2014 at 11:49 PM Post #479 of 4,580
Yes. Kinda sucks if Massdrop does charge the late shipment now to your card. One thing I have learned with Massdrop is patience. You definitely do not get the immediate satisfaction of your purchase coming in a few days. Weeks is usually de rigeur.

Heed those words (my experience as well).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back