The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread
Sep 23, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #2,896 of 4,580
  Next release of K7XX may have color options. For those of you waiting for the next drop, go vote for your favorite color choice!
Not providing the link because I am not sure the MassDrop rules on HeadFi. As of today, the vote is easy to find once you click the vote link at the top of the MassDrop page.

Massdrop is now a Member of Trade and official sponsor of head-fi. All good, you can post links.

Sep 23, 2015 at 9:23 AM Post #2,897 of 4,580

Massdrop is now a Member of Trade and official sponsor of head-fi. All good, you can post links.

Thank you!
Added link to my original post.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #2,899 of 4,580
  I really hope they still offer the all black version of the K7XX on the next drop. Hands down my favorite.

Agree, was looking at the options for colors on MassDrop, nothing I really liked better.  My GF had a suggestion for black with mother of pearl inlay for outer ring area with chrome grill and pink/fusha ear pads, got this idea from Ultrasone Julia.

Sep 24, 2015 at 12:11 PM Post #2,900 of 4,580
  I really hope they still offer the all black version of the K7XX on the next drop. Hands down my favorite.

I agree. Perhaps they are truly done with the first batch and want to make certain people know this by adding color?
I simply put in my vote for the new colors, with minimum color added
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #2,901 of 4,580
It's been confirmed black ones will remain being sold by massdrop. I'm just assuming these color variations will be an "option" during checkout whenevever the K7XX drops.

Sep 25, 2015 at 9:33 AM Post #2,902 of 4,580
It's been confirmed black ones will remain being sold by massdrop. I'm just assuming these color variations will be an "option" during checkout whenever the K7XX drops.

Sounds good! I definitely prefer the all black.

Also in terms of resale value, which color would one get? It depends on who you're selling it to. I can imagine the exchanges on eBay now. I would have bought it from you, but you bought the blue - so I'm going to buy from the guy who is selling the red. It gets crazy too quickly with those kinds of options.

Sep 26, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #2,906 of 4,580
Dammit, I knew I shouldnt have bought a first edition lol. I actually do like the all balck on these but a nice blue accent would have been nice and kind of resemble the Annies, I really like that color combo on the Annies.

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:38 AM Post #2,908 of 4,580
  must say it seems nice, but sounds terrible. and not very comfortable

While everybody is entitled to their own opinion, this is a bit harsh. I have never been a fan of AKG, I tried to, had the Q701, K701, some in-ears from them, but never quite liked them enough and sold them on. The K7XX though, is a gem. Properly driven, this headphone is really punching above its weight. I also find it very comfortable. Since you have your profile not filled out, I don't know what your reference is, but judging from my other headphones, I find nothing wrong with the comfort of the K7XX. 

May I ask how long you owned it, which amp you used to drive it and which music preferences you have?

Cheers,
K

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #2,909 of 4,580
  must say it seems nice, but sounds terrible. and not very comfortable

While everybody is entitled to their own opinion, this is a bit harsh. I have never been a fan of AKG, I tried to, had the Q701, K701, some in-ears from them, but never quite liked them enough and sold them on. The K7XX though, is a gem. Properly driven, this headphone is really punching above its weight. I also find it very comfortable. Since you have your profile not filled out, I don't know what your reference is, but judging from my other headphones, I find nothing wrong with the comfort of the K7XX. 

May I ask how long you owned it, which amp you used to drive it and which music preferences you have?

Cheers,
K

My opinion also falls in line with @Koolpep. I have experience with the K7XX only at meets, but now on two separate occasions. An the first meet, I felt so comfortable with the K7XX to start using it (with apologies to the person from whom I borrowed it) as a point of reference in both comfort and sound. I indeed liked it! At the second meet, I was able to compare it directly with the K702 headphone, which I have heard in isolation and I thought compared well with the Q701 (that I sold due to sound signature only - comfort was top notch). At this second meet, I was able to immediately A/B compare the K7XX with the K702, and I still found the K7XX quite favorable on sound.

So I too would ask, @PilotNorman, what your personal experience is with regard to the K7XX and what sound signature and more comfortable headphones, particularly in the same price range, you would recommend?

Sep 29, 2015 at 2:26 AM Post #2,910 of 4,580
Dammit, I knew I shouldnt have bought a first edition lol. I actually do like the all balck on these but a nice blue accent would have been nice and kind of resemble the Annies, I really like that color combo on the Annies.

True, but in my opinion that gunmetal gray is what makes the K702 AE stand out beyond the rest, aesthetically. Man, do I miss how beautiful it used to look on my desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back