The absolute best No.1 sounding MP3 flash player?
Jan 27, 2006 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

Bosk

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm currently using a 1GB ipod shuffle which is a world above the 1st gen ipod mini I had before.

But now that I have some decent portable phones (KSC 75s) and am planning to upgrade to IEMs later in the year, i'm curious to hear what everyone thinks is the BEST sounding 1GB flash player on the market right now.

I don't care about anything except sound quality.

Repeat: SOUND QUALITY - SOUND QUALITY - SOUND QUALITY
icon10.gif

Looking to get some opinions from guys who have tried several of the flash players out there, particularly compared with my shuffle.

Jan 28, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #3 of 33
I heard that iaudio's U3 sounds pretty good.

Jan 28, 2006 at 1:34 AM Post #4 of 33
Go out there and try some yourself, with decent phones. Start with the ones people recommend here.

Me personally, haven't heard many, but I found the "old" iriver ifp 1** series to be quite good.

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:14 AM Post #8 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic
isn't it obvious?

LOL!!!

I think the Karma sounds fantastic. The new iPod 5G isn't shabby either.

Jan 28, 2006 at 2:45 PM Post #10 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF
I think the Karma sounds fantastic. The new iPod 5G isn't shabby either.

The OP is looking for a 1GB FLASH player, so none of the above apply.

From what I've read around here the iPod Shuffle *is* one of the best sounding flash-based players on the market right now. Perhaps you're tilting at windmills??
icon10.gif

Jan 28, 2006 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 33
I agree, shuffle is said to be the best sounding. They did tests on cnet and it had virtually 0 harmonic distortion and near perfect respone all across. Some sort of negative circuitry, I don't know the details. But it's test results were better than that of the zen micro's, which earned 2nd place. I know we can't usually trust cnet, but all they did was plug them in and run a program. I would give a link, but I read it a few weeks ago and completely forget where it was. My point is, stick with your shuffle.

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #12 of 33
Another vote for the shuffle, although iAudio has a good reputation for having great SQ too, I've never heard one.

Jan 28, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #13 of 33
Not many people are blind.

Jan 29, 2006 at 1:18 AM Post #14 of 33
cNet did not test any iAudio stuff (IIRC, it's been a long time since I saw that article). And the main test was some kind of square wave test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back